I usually curse storms...

meganartemismeganartemis Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited October 10, 2015 in Weddings
I thought this was going to be the wedding from hell. It has been an incredibly dry summer, but nature decided let loose on this day. We had to shoot in between downpours, and literally watched the storm in the background approach until it hit (which forced all guests inside where we waited it out). It was a fun experience, and I will probably look forward to stormy weather on wedding days from now on!

Screen%20shot%202015-07-26%20at%203.46.19%20PM.png

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2015
    Great shot, Megan. Really nice lighting on the couple and of course - that background rocks (literally too). Where was this setting?
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2015
    Good shot. I like storms as it gives me dramatic looking backgrounds.
  • meganartemismeganartemis Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2015
    Thanks! Being in the right place at the right time helped me out. I photographed her sister's wedding at the same location on a bluebird day, and I definitely prefer the drama of this weather. This is in North Idaho, Lake Pend 'Oreille. We're not used to natural disasters, so we get pretty excited over thunder storms haha.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2015
    this is gorgeous!
    I would see if the adjustment brush trace can be removed, though. ;)
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2015
    Gorgeous photo! Wow, that must have been breathtaking to witness in person...

I do seem to detect a bit of burning & dodging brushmarks, not sure about that though. Maybe a few more minutes of finesse are in order, but other than that it's a keeper!
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • meganartemismeganartemis Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 2, 2015
    Thanks for the advice, can you point out the specific area? Having trouble seeing it from my desktop. I've stared at this photo too long to see it objectively.
    Gorgeous photo! Wow, that must have been breathtaking to witness in person...

I do seem to detect a bit of burning & dodging brushmarks, not sure about that though. Maybe a few more minutes of finesse are in order, but other than that it's a keeper!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2015
    Thanks for the advice, can you point out the specific area? Having trouble seeing it from my desktop. I've stared at this photo too long to see it objectively.

Look along his back...there's a halo...quite visible on my laptop and on my iPad.

Hope this helps.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2015
    you've got a halo going around the couple
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • JonTinklerJonTinkler Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2015
    Wow, absolutely amazing capture of that storm, nice one :D

I see the halo too, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix - well worth spending the time on for that shot!
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2015
    It's easily fixed. Usually taking the clone tool, selecting darken, opacity to around 50-60%, selecting the area just outside the halo and then brushing into the halo will take care of it. Selecting darkening will usually prevent it from doing anything to the guy as he his darker than the halo. You may have to mask off the bride.

Of course there are other ways and someone will probably have a better technique.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2015
    Absolutely stunning. Agreed about the halo, but that's an easy fix, if you haven't done it already :)