894449814_p4wqi-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Really like #1. A family gathering that has migrated outdoors, the warm inviting light filtering out, and just the outline of the rest of the gigantic house shot from a distance. It has a great feel.
    But it also reminds me of scenes on tv where you see a person or group of people in turmoil, then the tv pans out, until it's eventually in space and you realize the insignificance of just one person in the scheme of things.
    Love it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    #1: doesn't need the title (meaningless to those of us not "in the know")

#2: Ah this one is interesting…
    …oh look! Another hat! …hats are so "in" this year!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Titles & Captions :wow Oh Dear Oh Dear rolleyes1.gif

#2 for me thumb.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Really like #1. A family gathering that has migrated outdoors, the warm inviting light filtering out, and just the outline of the rest of the gigantic house shot from a distance. It has a great feel.
    But it also reminds me of scenes on tv where you see a person or group of people in turmoil, then the tv pans out, until it's eventually in space and you realize the insignificance of just one person in the scheme of things.
    Love it.

Funny how this may prove the meaninglessness of titles - as Wil sort of noted. It wasn't a family reunion - High School - teeny tiny boy's prep school in NW Connecticut. Not a big house, but the farm house/building that houses the headmaster's office, dining room, etc. etc. Four people sitting under little porch roof to avoid rain and keep talking into the night.

But I think this may well be one where you had to be there. Not sure. On the other hand, being all for ambiguity...light's nice, dark's nice...what the heck. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    hillsidekimhillsidekim Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Like #2. Is that you in the reflection? #1 got me to thinkin', I only have 4 years until my 50th H.S. reunion. So if this was your 45th, then you and I are in the same ball park, age wise.
    Kim
    Western burbs of Chicago
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    I love #1 -- reminds me of an old movie. As for #2 -- the guy should go in and buy a toy...he looks bored :D
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Like #2. Is that you in the reflection? #1 got me to thinkin', I only have 4 years until my 50th H.S. reunion. So if this was your 45th, then you and I are in the same ball park, age wise.

We sure are, in the same age group. Although I have to admit that that was the 45th of class I started out with but left when I had to repeat my junior year - next year is my second 45th!:-) And then, given an earlier double year back when, I'm going to guess that we are precisely the same age. :D

As to the reflection - No, that is not me. clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com