Subway

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited July 31, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Keep in mind it was an extremely bright day and playing with the different skintones was difficult.

Funny how I now have LR3, yet I still find myself trying to process in high contrast :rofl.

937493553_Vj94Z-XL-1.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    Lot's O interesting faces/characters in here and

a couple of cutties :D

I would of cropped the left up to the pole ne_nau.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited July 22, 2010
    Wow, lots to look at here. I like it.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    bfjr wrote: »
    Lot's O interesting faces/characters in here and

a couple of cutties :D

I would of cropped the left up to the pole ne_nau.gif

That's what I liked about the shot, the cast of characters.

About the cropping--I cropped him out as much as I could. Following some advise from this forum, I now try to stick to proper proportions (tip of my tongue, I can't remember the term). If I tried to cut him off any, then I would lose either some from the top (which I don't want to lose more of the crazy guy in costume) or the bottom (which would cut out more of her already missing foot). I also didn't want to loose the guy on the bottom right of the frame with the hat.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited July 22, 2010
    Richard wrote: »

I know, but my eye keeps going back to the guy with the stache rolleyes1.gif.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2010
    That's what I liked about the shot, the cast of characters.

About the cropping--I cropped him out as much as I could. Following some advise from this forum, I now try to stick to proper proportions (tip of my tongue, I can't remember the term). If I tried to cut him off any, then I would lose either some from the top (which I don't want to lose more of the crazy guy in costume) or the bottom (which would cut out more of her already missing foot). I also didn't want to loose the guy on the bottom right of the frame with the hat.

"Cast of characters" is exactly what came to mind upon initial viewing. I thought of a Hollywood casting call.

I like it cropped as is as the peripheral figures add so much to the feeling of activity and diversity.

And BTW, "trying to process in high contrast" made me chuckle cuz the contrast is nowhere as high as just a few months ago thumb.gif. We may pass each other on the contrast slider in the near future...rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 23, 2010
    rainbow wrote: »
    "Cast of characters" is exactly what came to mind upon initial viewing. I thought of a Hollywood casting call.

I like it cropped as is as the peripheral figures add so much to the feeling of activity and diversity.

And BTW, "trying to process in high contrast" made me chuckle cuz the contrast is nowhere as high as just a few months ago thumb.gif. We may pass each other on the contrast slider in the near future...rolleyes1.gif

Bite your tongue:)

Actually I was trying to process in high contrast, but it wasn't working.
    With the bright light and the very dark and very light skintones I kept losing their features. As it is, it was a struggle to get the male with the funny hat to be visible at all he was so dark skinned.

"Pass each other on the contrast slider"---You first rolleyes1.gif.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    Richard wrote: »

15524779-Ti.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    Such a fun shot, Liz! I like the way you processed it.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Very nice.. but why always B&W?

I've noticed that here in "Street & PJ" (what is "PJ"?)

Lots of questions today.. =8^)