edited July 31, 2010
    Hmmm don't know here.

There are reasons to like both, the biker :D, Oh the Lady :D

but then I just ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    I'm a bit with Benjamin on these.

I love the background and the colors. In fact, I like the captures (maybe because I love the background?), but something isn't quite doing it for me.

On #1, I'm thinking that a square crop might work, though I think it would still be an "almost" for me.

On #2, the lack of any connection between the family and the lovely young woman hurts the entire picture for me. No irony. No contradiction or mirroring. I think that is why I see two separate photos in the frame: The family group in front of the amazing background, and the woman walking purposefully past the store advertising a sale.

Looks like a marvelous area for taking street photos. I hope we get to see more.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited August 1, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    On #2, the lack of any connection between the family and the lovely young woman hurts the entire picture for me. No irony. No contradiction or mirroring. I think that is why I see two separate photos in the frame: The family group in front of the amazing background, and the woman walking purposefully past the store advertising a sale.

Looks like a marvelous area for taking street photos. I hope we get to see more.

Virginia

Thanks for the feedback, Virginia and Ben. There are more where those came from :D. Here's one with just the family:

954343318_N5VTn-L.jpg
    I preferred the earlier one because the woman at the right looked so much taller and was a lot better dressed, but I guess the contrast did not come across. Here's a square crop from the same place:

954343595_gS8uL-L.jpg
    IMO, it's OK but is really a "so what?" shot. The real attraction to me in all of them was the cool background and the chance to try out some new color processing ideas I have been working on.