Mother and Child

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited July 31, 2010 in Street and Documentary
My mood was quite despondent when I saw the mother tending to the fields with a toddler in tow, moving about the umbrella to shield the little one. To my surprise, she gave me a warm smile when she saw me photographing them.

I like especially the rich colours the scene presented to me but not so much about the "act." The scenario reinforced me that the strongest magnet for a photographer is not just the final image but also the discovery about human being's determination in life and the will to strive for survival.

912048725_vqoMJ-O.jpg

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    What a wonderful image, David--and an encouraging story!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    What a wonderful image, David--and an encouraging story!

Lauren

Thank you Lauren.
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    david-low wrote: »
    My mood was quite despondent when I saw the mother tending to the fields with a toddler in tow, moving about the umbrella to shield the little one. To my surprise, she gave me a warm smile when she saw me photographing them.

I like especially the rich colours the scene presented to me but not so much about the "act." The scenario reinforced me that the strongest magnet for a photographer is not just the final image but also the discovery about human being's determination in life and the will to strive for survival.

912048725_vqoMJ-O.jpg

David, you've come a long way since our first contact with each other a couple of years ago. Excellent image, and the leaf studies at your smugmug site are stunningly beautiful.
    Congratulations!
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    sara505 wrote: »
    David, you've come a long way since our first contact with each other a couple of years ago. Excellent image, and the leaf studies at your smugmug site are stunningly beautiful.
    Congratulations!

Hi Sara,

Thanks for refreshing my memory. Yes, now I recalled after poping in a high potent Ginkgo biloba. And I learned a new word about cantorial soloist as I'm not in a traditional church.

Thanks for looking and most appreciative of your comments.

Cheers and have fun singing.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    David - I just had a chance to visit your site. What a creative eye you have!! I was mesmerized by the images in your favorites gallery, along with your most evocative captions. I am glad to have discovered your work.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Awesome!