Options

Holy Cross Festival

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited August 3, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Local church festival in Rochester, NY, all taken with a 35mm f/2.8. C&C always welcome. If y'all are nice I'll show you my ferris wheel shots next. :wink

956361544_mEyvZ-L.jpg

Games of skill!
956362867_9Lrbt-L.jpg

Fair food? Fun!
956329607_o3txs-L.jpg

Better in B&W?
956435327_PEGot-L-1.jpg

Games of Chance?
956360387_hgp8s-L.jpg

Games of Chance!
956325213_7CYMd-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    Hi Mark,
    To me, these are just missing something.
    The one that is closest to being something is the last shot, the older couple by the drawing wheel because to me it tells a story.
    I do like your b&w conversion on #4, the whites are just a little blown out, but I like that look.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    It is my natural timidity at street shooting shining through!

The BW is Michael Gray's Kodak Panatomic X-Exp 1986 Curve preset for Lightroom, from lifeindigitalfilm.com. I believe he's moved all those presets over to the X= blog.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    MarkR wrote: »
    It is my natural timidity at street shooting shining through!

Mark,
    It's not just you. When the forum first opened, more threads were devoted to this "timidity at street shooting" than photos were posted.

I was unbeleivably uncomfortable and spent a whole lot of time trying to figure out how to get past it. The more I shot the more comfortable I got. Now I usually don't hesitate to get the shot. Every once in a blue an uncomfortable situation comes up where I just can't bring myself to shoot, but it's rare these days.

Also about the presets--thanks for the info. I still don't know how to add presets to LR3, but I already saw some I liked. So thanks for the info.
    Liz A.
    _________