Smart Gallery Bugs

tputs001tputs001 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited August 6, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Hello,

The smart gallery seems to be really buggy. I have a lot of pictures that I labeled with a keyword that are suppose to be picked up by the smart gallery, but isn't. I'm not sure what the issue is, can you please provide some advice/guidance on your end? Here is an example:

http://tputs001.smugmug.com/Experiences
http://tputs001.www.smugmug.com/keyword/experiences

I labeled a lot of pictures under the keyword "experiences" and the gallery listed above is suppose to be picking up these pictures, but are not. If you check the keyword, you'll see the pictures missing .

Best regards,

Tom

Comments

• thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    There is quite a large delay before the Smart Gallery will refresh the photos it shows. You can bypass the delay by going into the gallery settings for your smart gallery, edit the smart gallery settings but don't change anything, and hit save. This will cause the list of photos to be refreshed.
  • tputs001tputs001 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    There is quite a large delay before the Smart Gallery will refresh the photos it shows. You can bypass the delay by going into the gallery settings for your smart gallery, edit the smart gallery settings but don't change anything, and hit save. This will cause the list of photos to be refreshed.

Hi Lamah,

I have actually tried that on numerous occasions. The pictures are still missing. Under the "preview" and refresh, the pictures are not being populated when it should be.
  • emalvickemalvick Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    I'm having issues with the Smart Galleries also. They don't update when new photos should be picked up. The only way they get picked up is if I manually refresh the Smart Gallery Settings. Interestingly, when I go into those settings, the gallery does not act like it is Smart. I have to "make it smart" at which point the original settings show up and the gallery refreshes. The gallery seems pretty dumb if that is what I have to do to make it work.