JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited June 20, 2015 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2015
    Perfect light Cristobal!clap.gif
    Great scene and shot!
    My only minor quibbles are.....the light beam on left is cloning candidate.
    Also not sure if lot of space on right and chopping on left is ideal, but i have no idea what was on further left.....
    Lovely still!
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2015
    I kinda like the breathing room in the right. And love the reflection in the water. Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2015
    Thanks guys. After seeing the post this morning I realized that it was far too contrasty and decided to tone it down. I agree with Taz that the beam of light should go, unless it is coming from above...? I do like having water at the right end because it shows that it is a tip of land and not just a bunch of buildings. Anyway, the light and reflections were good, but I had a harder time than I though processing it.
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2015
    I love the original Cristobal....but that may just be personal choice!
    I love beam of lights.....but not sure if this one appears intentional even if it is natural....JMO.
    Cheers my friend!
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I love the original Cristobal....but that may just be personal choice!
    I love beam of lights.....but not sure if this one appears intentional even if it is natural....JMO.
    Cheers my friend!

I'm not sure about the beam of light either. It could be a lens flare or something like that. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited June 17, 2015
    Dramatic light, for sure. I think to make the most of this shot, you need to do some local adjustments, not global ones. The sky looks great in the first one, but the lower left has little detail. The second one opens up those shadows some (but not completely) but the rest of the frame is less dramatic, especially the sky and color on the water. If it were mine, I'd take the first shot and try to adjust the lower left while leaving the rest alone. The composition and color are fine. Don't know what that light streak is, but it doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Dramatic light, for sure. I think to make the most of this shot, you need to do some local adjustments, not global ones. The sky looks great in the first one, but the lower left has little detail. The second one opens up those shadows some (but not completely) but the rest of the frame is less dramatic, especially the sky and color on the water. If it were mine, I'd take the first shot and try to adjust the lower left while leaving the rest alone. The composition and color are fine. Don't know what that light streak is, but it doesn't bother me.
    Great comment Richard! I will give it a try.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2015
    Very dramatic, Cristobal.

I waould crop out quite a bit of the lower left as unimportant to the overall effect and somewhat distracting.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2015
    OK here's another attempt. I have limited editing capabilities right now (no lightroom...). The misterious beam is gone, I reduced the amount of negative space to the right and tried to open up the shadows on the bottom left.

DSC_1426.NEF-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2015
    Its all right Cristobal!clap.gifclap
    Did you choose to dim it a tad? I personally love the punch in first one, but rest of the edits are marvelous!!
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2015
    OK, one more try! I do lose some of the gain I had on the shadows, but got back some punch. Picasa is interesting in that once you apply a change the sliders go back to their starting point, so it is hard to get the same effect twice. I really miss my computer and lightroom!

DSC_1426.NEF-004-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2015
    Don't know anything about Picasa.....but both of last two posts are fabulous and its only matter of choice.....now that I am seeing it from my home....instead of garbage dell laptop at work.....I would have been more than happy with second last shot!
    Cheers Cristobal!
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2015
    You've blown me away. Pic is amazing straight out of camera, only enhanced by your edits. Way to go.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited June 20, 2015
    Definitely an improvement over the first two. thumb.gif You've probably done the best one can do with the tools you have available.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Don't know anything about Picasa.....but both of last two posts are fabulous and its only matter of choice.....now that I am seeing it from my home....instead of garbage dell laptop at work.....I would have been more than happy with second last shot!
    Cheers Cristobal!
    CCoop wrote: »
    You've blown me away. Pic is amazing straight out of camera, only enhanced by your edits. Way to go.
    Richard wrote: »
    Definitely an improvement over the first two. thumb.gif You've probably done the best one can do with the tools you have available.

Thanks guys! :D