Options

Something different using rustification.

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited June 19, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Suggested by my wife.

1) Original - Old Payson Pier reaching out towards Popasquash Point. Walker's Cove, Bristol Harbor

IMGP1502-L.jpg

Using my Rustifying Preset and a change of White Balance:

2)

IMGP1502-L.jpg

C&C welcome. I know this wont be for everyone! :D :thumb

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2015
    The second is not doing anything for me. First one is fabulous! Great comp! You can see through water which is really cool. Looks like long exposure.
    I wish the bushes were not present on the horizon.....but that's nothing you can control.......this will rock in dramatic light.
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    The second is not doing anything for me. First one is fabulous! Great comp! You can see through water which is really cool. Looks like long exposure.
    I wish the bushes were not present on the horizon.....but that's nothing you can control.......this will rock in dramatic light.
    Like I said, not for everyone. #2 currently on show in a gallery with excellent reception.

The bushes are actually tress across Bristol Harbor in Rhode Island. Popasquash Point is where Anthony Quinn is buried. He lived there for years at the end of his life.

Glad you like it.

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2015
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Like I said, not for everyone. #2 currently on show in a gallery with excellent reception.

The bushes are actually tress across Bristol Harbor in Rhode Island. Popasquash Point is where Anthony Quinn is buried. He lived there for years at the end of his life.

Glad you like it.

Don

Yes at that distance trees appear like bushes.
    For me I want feedback from Dgrin because the average citizen finds Subway and Britney Spears to be great. So glad gallery is loving the second one.
    Yeah not for me.
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2015
    Very awesome, and very awesome conversation. Glad to be here with you all! --CCoop
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited June 16, 2015
    We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine...

rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2015
    Nice work. It is always good to experiment. In this case however, I would stay with the original.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2015
    You are a clever one, Don - I know water can turn things rusty but I did not know you could turn water into rust! I like the conversion and I actually don't care for the first one. Congrats on having work on display - someday I hope to achieve that.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2015
    redleash wrote: »
    You are a clever one, Don - I know water can turn things rusty but I did not know you could turn water into rust! I like the conversion and I actually don't care for the first one. Congrats on having work on display - someday I hope to achieve that.

Lauren
    Thank you ever so much for the kind words, Lauren. I am glad at least a few actually like the second one.thumb.gif I like both for very different reasons.

:D

Don