Catergory and sub-category question

chicagophotoshopchicagophotoshop Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
edited April 10, 2012 in SmugMug Support
is there a way to have my "Home > Galleries > Chicago Galleries Galleries" be above the subcategory section? (basically have these areas flipped, subcategories below main galleries)

http://chicagophotoshop.smugmug.com/Chicago-Galleries

better yet, can I have a subgallery be listed within Home > Galleries > Chicago Galleries Galleries so I dont have these separate sections ?

I hope this makes sense

Comments

• pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2012
    is there a way to have my "Home > Galleries > Chicago Galleries Galleries" be above the subcategory section? (basically have these areas flipped, subcategories below main galleries)

http://chicagophotoshop.smugmug.com/Chicago-Galleries

better yet, can I have a subgallery be listed within Home > Galleries > Chicago Galleries Galleries so I dont have these separate sections ?

I hope this makes sense

Can't really answer your question but I'd recommend doing some reorganizing or just renaming to avoid unnecessary categorization or names like Chicago galleries galleries. Make effective use of category, subcategory, and gallery names. No need for words like "galleries" in a category name.

Dave
  • chicagophotoshopchicagophotoshop Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2012
    damn, I didnt even notice that happened. (when I created the subcat)

I basically want a parent category of "Chicago Galleries" with chicago, chicago B&W, Chicago panos, and old chicago in there.

then the other 9 galleries listed in subcat "various chicago events".

but I dont like how the main and sub categories are separated like that. but if they do have to be separated, then I'd at least like the subs below the main gallery. (I'll also change the name of the main category to avoid galleries galleries)
  • chicagophotoshopchicagophotoshop Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2012
    ok, I made some changes and moved some things around. I think I'm ok now.