45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited July 15, 2010
    These have a lot of energy. Lensbaby?
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Love #0 and #3. The first one is just fantastic, I think it's also the least posed of the bunch, or not posed at all actually.
    The girls are beautiful, but look like little mannequins. They kind of have a stepford feel to them. Odd shots and I think they are great.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Love #0 and #3. The first one is just fantastic, I think it's also the least posed of the bunch, or not posed at all actually.
    The girls are beautiful, but look like little mannequins. They kind of have a stepford feel to them. Odd shots and I think they are great.

15524779-Ti.gif, I did think a couple were Mannequins lol3.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    richard, these were with a tokina 11-16mm but it was so dark that I had to lower the shutter speed on them whcih gave it the blur. The ladies were contestants in a model search..thus heavily made up. I liked #3 the best I think because of the one girl that was lookingat the camera. The "mannequin" lady must be in #4..the girl with her head twisted .. haha..yup.

I hesitated to post #5 becasue it was semi-posed but the one girl who is reaching out made the shot for me.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    I like #0; it's one of the rare slanted-horizon pictures that actually works, and as others have noted, it seems unposed and natural.

#2 is almost the best of the bunch, but I think you ought to have framed a little more to the right. The interesting part is the girl on the right who's holding something, and two girls looking at her. The fourth girl, staring off into space, makes a good counterpoint, but there's dead space on the left edge and the right and top are cropped too close. A slight change of angle might have helped too, to make the line of the couch a little more steep. Still, it draws the viewer in and involves him with these people, which is really the whole point, right?

The blur is interesting. It adds a sense of dynamism. I probably would have tried to minimize the blur by underexposing, but that might have resulted in less interesting pictures.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Re: girls at a lounge
    I prefer the ones without the blur. I'm not getting that "good blur" feeling from the ones with blur.

LiflanderPhotography.com
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    I'm going to vote for the one no one else seems to like - of course rolleyes1.gif - and that would be image No. 1. That image gives me the feeling that I am actually observing something going on - the exchange/conversation between two of the young woman - and there's some sharpness to it. The tilt works for me there, as it looks as though it was required to get the shot and the composition works. It's a very nice shot. As to the others:

0 is just that - sorry - but the tilt is the only thing 'interesting' about it - it's just some women on a bench from too far away. The tilt doesn't save it.

#2 - Just allot of blur and short skirts.

#3 - Maybe, but not quite. It needs something really sharp, and some cropping, and then it might be intriguing.

#4 - Bunch a deer posing in the headlight.

So my take is that you got one really interesting, intriguing image out of five - which is a 20 percent hit ratio - which is damn good! clap.gifclap
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed