Smoothing out skin in Lightroom

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited October 25, 2014 in Digital Darkroom
I was re-watching one of my Creative Live workshops that I had purchased by Kevin Kubota entitled "Doing it right in Lightroom". Near the end he gave a tip on smoothing skin in Lightroom using the adjustment brush. You select the adjustment brush, and zero out all the settings, then set Contrast to -50, Clarity to -100, and Sharpness to -100. Then click and hold mouse on the Effect type, and scroll down to "Save current settings as a new preset" and then give it a name. I called mine "Skin Powder". Then set your brush size to your needs, feathering to 100, and flow to 20, and your good to go. This is a great alternative to doing frequency separation in PS.

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2014
    Gary752 wrote: »
    I was re-watching one of my Creative Live workshops that I had purchased by Kevin Kubota entitled "Doing it right in Lightroom". Near the end he gave a tip on smoothing skin in Lightroom using the adjustment brush. You select the adjustment brush, and zero out all the settings, then set Contrast to -50, Clarity to -100, and Sharpness to -100. Then click and hold mouse on the Effect type, and scroll down to "Save current settings as a new preset" and then give it a name. I called mine "Skin Powder". Then set your brush size to your needs, feathering to 100, and flow to 20, and your good to go. This is a great alternative to doing frequency separation in PS.

GaryB

Thanks for the detailed tip. I'll have to try it.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2014
    Thanks for the detailed tip. I'll have to try it.

Phil

Let me know how it worked for you.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams