events

jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited October 22, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When did "Event" emails start saying, "Smugmug Inc sent you this email..." at the end?

Just wondering... :dunno

I don't really like it. If they reply to the email, they get me, not SmugMug. And SmugMug didn't send the email, I did! :huh
Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube

Comments

• flyingwolfflyingwolf Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    Its becoming less and less my site, and more and more smugmugs site that I am allowed to use. I do not like this, I was coming here to ask this exact same thing.
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 22, 2014
    I understand that a client may find it confusing to receive an email from you that says "sent by SmugMug" at the bottom, however, we were forced to add these due to Anti-SPAM regulations (called the CAN-SPAM laws) that were recently updated in 2014. Even though the email appears to come from you we are required to notify the recipient that it originated from SmugMug.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2014
    Seems like you are setting yourselves up for problems. The photographer could write just about anything in those event emails. What if the photographer put something inappropriate, and then SmugMug is taking credit for the message... seems like it could cause problems for you!

Anyway, it stinks you had to add that :(

I actually had a customer (who was a repeat customer from two years ago) email me to say, "Hey, did you know the email you sent me actually said it came from SmugMug?"
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube