1)
907434234_ne5Ft-XL.jpg

2)
907433740_WeKtS-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    I love #1! Great picture and the curiosity and innocence comes over; it's really easy to overlook the frame being split (is the lamp-post leaning just a tad?), but in a way it gives each child their own space! It's a little bit soft, BTW - (IMNSHO)

#2: I'd crop like mad to keep the viewer's attention on the oblivious child! There's a lot of other stuff in the picture, and IMNSHO this one's not as good as #1, although the contrast is nice!

Thanks for sharing!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    #1 for me with more contrast maybe :D
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    I'm loving them both.

Very interesting in #1: the little boy, slightly in front of the post, seems more open to you and your camera; the little girl, tucked ever so slightly behind the post, seems much more wary.

As for #2, I like seeing the little boy in context.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    I prefer #2. Suggest trying a square crop to eliminate right side clutter while keeping the locked door as part of the shot.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    rainbow wrote: »
    I prefer #2. Suggest trying a square crop to eliminate right side clutter while keeping the locked door as part of the shot.

I tried a number of crops on the second when I processed it, but I personally didn't like them. My issue with a square crop was that it left stuff hanging in the edges of the frame that I felt didn't add anything and just looked sloppy. As it is, it's framed as I shot it with the idea of showing surrounding context around a young boy engrossed in whatever. (I liked the Mickey Mouse soles on his shoes too mwink.gif )