One Minute Silence

kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
edited June 24, 2010 in Street and Documentary
One minute silence for the shohada (martys) of Mavi Marmara

The Israeli military attacked the Freedom Flotilla in international waters in the Mediterranean Sea early on May 31, killing nine Turkish citizens on board the six ships and injuring about 50 other people. The fate of three other Freedom Flotilla activists is still unknown.
Israel also arrested nearly 700 activists from 42 countries on board the Freedom Flotilla, which was attempting to break the siege of Gaza in order to deliver 10,000 tons of humanitarian assistance to the long-suffering people of the territory.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kombizz/4687164763/

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    the man on the left either needed to be fully seen or totally cut out......
    but a decent photo anyway.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    Share the pictures. Tell the story that way. I don't appreciate the written editorialising.

That said, the image is interesting in the composition with the videographer point back into what I assume is the audience. I agree with Art regarding the man on the left.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    Before any one says don't politicize the photo, the OP posted his views, my comment is simple:

That's one view of the situation.

Sam
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    If this is to be a news photo ... you failed if the story is about the "End The Seige On Gaza" panel. If the story is about the video guy ... well you fared better than your attempt to communicate "End The Seige On Gaza" panel.

A tighter crop top, bottom and left would improve the image. Photography is all about communications ... your image did not convey the message of your text.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    Are you trolling? This is not a political forum.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com