Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2014
    Like it! Great job!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited October 11, 2014
    Sam, they need to send you some more swag. I know of at least one hoodie, a tall green see-through mug with a screw-on lid and straw, and a ceramic mug of several colors. I got a kick that you have one of Gus' designed t-shirts in there. :D

There are rumors of other things they might play with in the office. I've got unconfirmed stories of the following: a robe-like Smuggie snuggie, a set of Smugmug cat and dog food bowls, a Smugmug logo cookie cutter, a special Smugmug edition decorated Mini Cooper in lime green, an alarm clock that projects a spinning Smuggie smilie on the ceiling, sunglasses, umbrella, LED flashlight (projects a green Smuggie), iPhone cover, outdoor black and green folding chair, canvas shopping bag, a pump-action ping pong ball shooter with a dozen lime green ping pong balls with black logo Smuggie on each one, remote control Smuggie robot, Smuggie snow globe, frisbee, golf balls, pen knife. And probably much more.

Sam, you do know that most, if not all of the items in paragraph two don't exist, right?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2014
    Good work Sam!
    Randy
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Sam, they need to send you some more swag. I know of at least one hoodie, a tall green see-through mug with a screw-on lid and straw, and a ceramic mug of several colors. I got a kick that you have one of Gus' designed t-shirts in there. :D

There are rumors of other things they might play with in the office. I've got unconfirmed stories of the following: a robe-like Smuggie snuggie, a set of Smugmug cat and dog food bowls, a Smugmug logo cookie cutter, a special Smugmug edition decorated Mini Cooper in lime green, an alarm clock that projects a spinning Smuggie smilie on the ceiling, sunglasses, umbrella, LED flashlight (projects a green Smuggie), iPhone cover, outdoor black and green folding chair, canvas shopping bag, a pump-action ping pong ball shooter with a dozen lime green ping pong balls with black logo Smuggie on each one, remote control Smuggie robot, Smuggie snow globe, frisbee, golf balls, pen knife. And probably much more.

Here I was thinking I had some historically significant items that document a giant in the photo web hosting industry clap.gif and then you have point out I am in reality only a swag deprived bumpkin. :cry:cry:cry

I will now go and eat some worms.

Sam
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2014
    The back story:

I thought this would be a quick fun photo. First try I layed out the swag and took a photo. Looked like crap. OK need to add an additional element..............hey wait I have this 1800's chest! Drag out the chest, wipe off years of accumulated dust and stage the swag in the chest. Take photo.......not good. Need light. OK set speed light up, get light meter...............&^$&^ I can't get the Sekonic meter to remote trigger the flash!! Yes I know I can trigger the flash with the camera, but I really need the Sekonic to be able to remote trigger flashes for more complicated projects.

Spent time reading the manual, trying all the different settings...no go! Call Sekonic.........they very kindly explain I am an idiot who shouldn't own a light meter, but do tell me the magic buttons to use. (Note the info is not in the product manual.)

OK, back to this very simple quick photo. Speed light isn't large enough. No problem break out the Alien Bees. Set up measure light with meter, take photo. Great exposure....except for the &*76 shadow on the left side. OK get the second Alien Bee.

Finally a good clean image and it only took be 6 times longer than I thought it would. :D

What stared out as a half hour project grew to this:
    i-BKcbpTF-L.jpg

Sam
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2014
    Tenacity is the sign of strong character.... or not.. :D
    Rags
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2014
    That is crazy!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com