Loadmaster

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited October 17, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
OK, enough of all those colors for a bit.

Let's step back a few years...
Randy

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2014
    You know me, Pard, if it has wheels, I'm hooked. I think the B&W approach is warranted in this case. Interestingly, the driver-side headlight in those last two shots appears to be entirely different from each other.

There seems to be an inordinate amount of noise in these shots. Was that intentional to help create an old-timey mood, or was it a function of something else?

Did you buy the old truck to haul the RZR home?:D

See you,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2014
    You know me, Pard, if it has wheels, I'm hooked. I think the B&W approach is warranted in this case. Interestingly, the driver-side headlight in those last two shots appears to be entirely different from each other.

There seems to be an inordinate amount of noise in these shots. Was that intentional to help create an old-timey mood, or was it a function of something else?

Did you buy the old truck to haul the RZR home?:D

See you,

Tom

This scene consist of the old truck, the gravity pump and Conoco sign that had been tucked away in the barn at the Trading Post. The owner decided to finally pull them out and display them behind the modern pumps.

I decided that I would go old school B&W, hence the grain/noise. Now, if your taking about the little light "bubbles", that is simply a lot of dust on my lens shooting into the sun. I liked the effect (might as well as I couldn't get rid of it later), so I just let it ride.

Whew...
    Nothing says failure like having to explain an image :cry rolleyes1.gif

I'll try harder...
    Randy