Options

Three from yesterday.....

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited May 23, 2010 in Street and Documentary
At, after, and at graduation at MassArt...(The art school of the University of Massachusetts)

875243666_hi6c8-X2.jpg

875243649_WgWVt-X2.jpg

875243680_oTus9-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    Hi B.D.
    I like #1 because of it's humor (guess it wouldn't have worked quite so well in b&w).

I also really ilke #2, it leaves me guessing a bit--but I like the comp and the ambiguity.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2010
    Thanks, Liz - And yes, #1 needs the color...I think. I didn't even look at it in BW.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    #1: "Look at Me! I'm expressing myself and being really original!" …shame that you've been spotted!

#2: Interesting observation… …still trying to work out what is real and what is reflected!

#3: Love the pairs of eyes (don't like whatever is intruding on the right though…) …seats look v. uncomfortable!

Nice job!

thumb.gif

- Wil

PS: Just noticed the smiley face on her left foot (#3)…
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    gorallygorally Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    B.D,
    # 3 is my favorite because of his expression. Her "why are you shooting me" kind of telling the story. The two dolls holding a spot for whoever is also great interest. Too bad that little something blocked on the right side.
    #2 is also interesting and I am still try to figure out what was he doing. :-)

great shots.
    Ed
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited May 23, 2010
    #2 rocks. clap.gif
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    Two out of three in colour must be a record. The third works the best for me and I love her expression. Except what is that thing on the right hand side? Is it a recreation of classic snapshots from the 70's, finger over the lens and all? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    Two out of three in colour must be a record. The third works the best for me and I love her expression. Except what is that thing on the right hand side? Is it a recreation of classic snapshots from the 70's, finger over the lens and all? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Well, when the story's the color, color it is. My kid's hat had to be color. I tried #3 in bw, but it didn't work, especially because you'd then lose the red hair on the doll closest to the girl. As to that 'thing,' I just don't know. eek7.gif

#2, for those trying to figure it out -
    The grad sitting on the left, then a propped-open screen door, then a multipanned glass door with reflections.

But the sum total is after 7 years(!), kid #3 is now a college grad and I can finally try to save a bit for retirement!rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com