edited May 23, 2010 in Street and Documentary
875253082_ZLScb-XL-1.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    Wow! What amazing texture!

…but I'd have made it a bit softer, and also cropped out the unnecessary stuff in the foreground (and top edge and right edge).

I love the diamonds contrasting with the rectangles! thumb.gif

Nice job!

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    Good framing, interesting content, but quite blinding, IMHO :) Reducing brightness and bringing out the shadows should benefit this shot. Cheers.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    Very nice photo! I do like the brick patterns and the mother and children are perfect.

Maybe a little straightening may help (?). BUT this is not the shot to satisfy your high contrast addiction with... rolleyes1.gifivar
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote: »
    Wow! What amazing texture!

…but I'd have made it a bit softer, and also cropped out the unnecessary stuff in the foreground (and top edge and right edge).

I love the diamonds contrasting with the rectangles! thumb.gif

Nice job!

- Wil

Thanks Will,
    I loved the texture too and I agree about cropping :) I actually did crop much of the foreground, but I will crop more.

Glad you like it.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 23, 2010
    sabesh wrote: »
    Good framing, interesting content, but quite blinding, IMHO :) Reducing brightness and bringing out the shadows should benefit this shot. Cheers.

Hello Sabesh,
    I like the content myself-that's why I had to take the shot. The baby in the stroller inside the grocery cart made for an interesting image plus that background.

I'll explain the brightness. Hang on.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 23, 2010
    rainbow wrote: »
    Very nice photo! I do like the brick patterns and the mother and children are perfect.

Maybe a little straightening may help (?). BUT this is not the shot to satisfy your high contrast addiction with... rolleyes1.gifivar

Rainbow,
    I messed up--I shoot JPEG+RAW--I shoot my JPEG images in my high contrast, grainy b&w setting to satisfy my needs, but I usually post about 80% of my shots from the converted RAW shots--this seems to work for everyone. HOWEVER--I messed up and reset my camera and forgot to add JPEG+RAW and so all my shots were in the high contrast grainy setting with no alternative:(

I did rework this image and tried to burn in the blown out parts, but I couldn't just reduce exposure as it completely darkened the already dark faces and made them even grainer.

The sad thing is-_I shot street all day in this setting. So I'm afraid you guys are stuck for a couple more postings this way. :D
    Liz A.
    _________