Options

Young band

gorallygorally Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited May 23, 2010 in Street and Documentary
We were at the Markham Farmers Market today. There were two young men performing at location. Their performance were great and music was excellent. Just a snap shot when they are preforming.

_1010762.jpg
Ed

Comments

• Options
    sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    Ed, perhaps this shot would work better if you made it landscape: Include more in front of the band (stage and crowd, perhaps). As it is, the body language of the musician in focus isn't passionate enough to carry the picture. Cheers.
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2010
    Sammy, I agree with you there isn't enough body language. Unfortunately there was two big black speakers in front of him that I cropped it out. This stage is very small, the size of a stall like the other marketeers. I was standing on the next stall to take this shot. Only with my 45mm on GF1 with me so that might limit me to take a wider shot. I think if I have the 20mm, it would be cover much more too. I know I am missing something there and thanks for telling me that.
    Ed
  • Options
    sabeshsabesh Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    Cool! Ed, what days does the market open?
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2010
    Only on Saturday between 8am to 1pm. It is not a big operation there, just about 20 stalls and a block of the side street. It just close to a public library where I can walk from the library over. Thats is the Markham main street, north of Hwy 7.
    Ed
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    I agree with Sammy. The shot needs more context to work. Darned speakers/monitors etc are the bain of live music photography.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2010
    Thanks Patti...may be these have a bit more spirit of music shown.

_1010755-1.jpg

_1010760-2.jpg
    Ed