Guest Book Layouts

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited April 24, 2010 in Weddings
Hey everybody!

So, I'm offering my clients the option of a guest book. And I'm in the process of designing one for my June 26th wedding, so she can see if she wants it or not.

At Miller's Lab they have press printed books that have the same cover and binding options as the albums I'm going to use. Huge selling point there, "... the guest book would look just as amazing as your album...".

Anyways, I'm looking for design inspiration, and thought others may want some as well. So, in this thread, I would like to see some designs people have made for guest books. As well as tips on how you marketed them to your clients.

Some questions I've come across while designing that I would like answered are listed below. I will be adding questions to this list as they come in, as well as the answers to the questions:
    How many lines (for signatures) per page? How long? Spacing?
    What is the average size of a guest book? What size has worked best for you in the past?
    Do you price these low because its just a guest book? Or high/normal to keep the value of your work?

Lets get some creative juices going with this.
-Jeremy
Jer

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    I like books from Black River Imaging, instead of lines for guests to sign, i use low opacity image page where they can just write anywhere, just like signing a greeting card. One side with full images and the next one for signatures. You can make as many sides as you want, depends on how many guests are expected.
    Good luck!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8