What do you do for a midday meal?

ytirahcytirahc Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 13, 2012 in Weddings
I am shooting a wedding (hopefully the only one I'll ever do) for a friend as a favor, since their almost-no-budget wedding doesn't allow for paying a photographer of any established caliber. They know they won't be getting anything like what a pro could get for them, but I've scoured every thread, blog, and a few books to help me provide as good of photos as I can with my equipment's limitations. I do have a question though: The wedding is at two and her sister-in-law is providing food for the reception after, but what do people do for food for lunch/brunch? The only other wedding I've really been involved with was my brother and sister-in-law's wedding, but they had the wedding and reception on separate days. Do you bring something to snack on 5 minutes at a time in between group shots or do you drive someplace and grab a quick meal or what?

Comments

• tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2012
    In short, eat a big meal before hand, hope to be able to eat during the wedding when you have a chance, and carry something like Cliff Bars in case you don't get the chance.
  • babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2012
    The last time I was assisting a photog, we didn't really get to eat until way later.. I took a few protein bars and scarfed them when I had the chance.
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2012
    yep... just pack a bunch of quick energy giving snacks to scarf down when you can!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    Eat breakfast... and then I usually have some raw almonds in my lens bag... quick with lots of energy and not a lot of sugar.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    eat breakfast... And then i usually have some raw almonds in my lens bag... Quick with lots of energy and not a lot of sugar.
    +1