Ecuador Slide show (C&C Please, first Video)

justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
edited April 9, 2010 in Video
So I bought a Mac a week ago and I made a slide show of my trip to Ecuador. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AJVejdx1tU

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Smiles are globally pleasing aren't they! Love the colors~
    tom wise
  • IntrepidBerkeleyExplorerIntrepidBerkeleyExplorer Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    hats
    Lovely presentation of the Ecuador highlands and its people. Having been in Ecuador and Peru years ago, while just returning from a second visit to Mayan Mexico, I offer a new fashion theory about how to distinguish Maya from Inca descendants.

It's hats. Your pictures show both men and women wearing hats, which establishes them as Inca, an empire that included Ecuador. My Ecuador/Peru stills and video also feature the indigenous people in hats.

The Maya of southern Mexico and Central America, 7 million strong, don't generally appear in hats, especially women. Mayan women from traditional villages identify themselves by colors they wear, minus hats.

I could be wrong, but may have a correct observation.

Dave
    The Intrepid Berkeley Explorer
  • justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2010
    I stayed in Ecuador for two weeks and did travel to the highlands and stayed in an indigenous community for about a week. A great experience.