Getting Paid..

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited November 28, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
This is the year 2015, why do I still have to click a box every month to get paid?? If I have money from sales I want to get paid every single month.. How do I make this happen. Anyone else with me??

Comments

• David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2015
    Bueller Bueller.. Wow everyone avoided this post like the plague..

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2015
    I have no idea and no interest in it - no Australian photo lab so commerce is a pointless exercise for me .... however
    I think you would get a faster response if you contacted Smugmug itself: http://help.smugmug.com/ thumb.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
    edited November 25, 2015
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    I have no idea and no interest in it - no Australian photo lab so commerce is a pointless exercise for me .... however
    I think you would get a faster response if you contacted Smugmug itself: http://help.smugmug.com/ thumb.gif

I know how this works and how the "Super Hero's " respond , sometimes folks post things to see if they find it worthy of a response, amazed what is no longer worthy of any response.. Draft Kings pays on Tuesday SM makes you opt in to get paid every month.. How is that even a thing anymore??
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2015
    I know how this works and how the "Super Hero's " respond , sometimes folks post things to see if they find it worthy of a response, amazed what is no longer worthy of any response.. Draft Kings pays on Tuesday SM makes you opt in to get paid every month.. How is that even a thing anymore??

Since you are replying to me ... ne_nau.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • AdamNPAdamNP Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2015
    I understand SM not wanting to send out payments for $1 or something, but the threshold should be far lower. $10, or maybe even $5, to get paid automatically.
    edited November 27, 2015
    AdamNP wrote: »
    I understand SM not wanting to send out payments for $1 or something, but the threshold should be far lower. $10, or maybe even $5, to get paid automatically.

The threshold is $5 USD (They set the threshold) why can't they make it so we don't have to opt in? We are automatically opted out... Anyone see a problem with how this works??
    edited November 27, 2015
    The threshold is $5 USD (They set the threshold) why can't they make it so we don't have to opt in? We are automatically opted out... Anyone see a problem with how this works??

Really? I thought the threshold for automatic payments was something insane like $500.
  • photoclickphotoclick Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2015
    This is from one of the SmugMug's Help Articles:
    If your Tax and Payment form has been submitted and you have accumulated over $500 in profits by the last day of the month, you'll automatically receive payment next month.

If you've filled out your online tax and payment form but don't have over $500 in profits at the end of the month, you may request payment through our online form here. You must have at least $5 of profits first ($10 for international Pros). After that payment, we'll resume the normal monthly schedule.
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2015
    You do have to have $500 or more to get automatic payments (which I always thought was high), but I do agree that this should be reduced to $50 or $100.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2015
    I recommend that folks set a reminder on their phone to remind them every month on the 28th day to request their SmugMug profits. That way, if you follow the reminder, you will be paid your profits every month on the first business day after the 7th.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
    edited November 28, 2015
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    I recommend that folks set a reminder on their phone to remind them every month on the 28th day to request their SmugMug profits. That way, if you follow the reminder, you will be paid your profits every month on the first business day after the 7th.

Hence my question, why do I have to opt in every month or set a reminder on my phone?? It is MY MONEY not yours.. I thought you would want to pay your customers since you get your 15% on every single one of my orders and don't have to wait to get paid.. Then again I was surprised I got a response from SM, not surprised with the response..
    edited November 28, 2015
    RKnecht wrote: »
    You do have to have $500 or more to get automatic payments (which I always thought was high), but I do agree that this should be reduced to $50 or $100.

It's just another example of SM living in the past (for example, charging exorbitant shipping). Many years ago, it was common for affiliate networks and other online businesses to have a minimum (certainly not $500, but $100 was pretty common). Today, it's just not done. Most of my income comes from these networks, and the highest threshold any of them have is $10, with most having no threshold at all. The lone exception to this is Google Adsense, which has a minimum of $100, but if you have any sort of traffic that's really not an issue to reach each month.