Options

For Black Momba

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited September 8, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Went to a local car show today for an hour or so.
i-gRH3b44-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2014
    Well, you get a 'hooray' and a 'thank you' from me, Sam. It doesn't hurt that the '49 to '51 Mercury is one of my all-time favorite cars. Perhaps no other single model of car ( excepting the proliferation of Fords from the '30s ) has been customized as often as these Mercury's have been. James Dean, driving one in the movie " Rebel Without A Cause ", did much to promote their popularity. I still kick my ass almost daily for passing up a chance to buy one of these jewels several years ago. If I ever get up the gumption to restore another period piece, you can bet it will be a '49 to '51 Mercury.

I'm really pleased, Sam, that you took the time to throw a bone to us car fanatics. Thanks.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited September 8, 2014
    I think there's no denying a car that has great lines-it'll be timeless. And this one is.

On a side note, Cars and Coffee has started up in the City Sam. I think it's the second Saturday of the month.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2014
    Well, you get a 'hooray' and a 'thank you' from me, Sam. It doesn't hurt that the '49 to '51 Mercury is one of my all-time favorite cars. Perhaps no other single model of car ( excepting the proliferation of Fords from the '30s ) has been customized as often as these Mercury's have been. James Dean, driving one in the movie " Rebel Without A Cause ", did much to promote their popularity. I still kick my ass almost daily for passing up a chance to buy one of these jewels several years ago. If I ever get up the gumption to restore another period piece, you can bet it will be a '49 to '51 Mercury.

I'm really pleased, Sam, that you took the time to throw a bone to us car fanatics. Thanks.

Take care,

Tom

Lucky I was able to contact the spirit world to find out you favorite American classic car is . :D

Ether that or for some reason I had a felling I should dedicate this image you, but really didn't know why.

Sam