DSS#102 - "With a clear stream" - C & C Appreciated

torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
edited May 14, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Lovely poem - as noted by the others in the challenges thread plenty of room for interpretation. From my reading imagine a babbling brook through a copse of trees, with birds singing in the boughs.
Going through Autumn now, so have not been able to take any "spring" photos, but be interested in comments as to how these pictures suit the poem:

#1 With a Clear Stream

C201205051008011StonehamPark-XL.jpg

#2 - have Ortonised this shot to give a softer look - does the effect enhance the photo?

C201205051008011StonehamParkOr-XL.jpg

Is #2 too Autumn to suit the poem?

Comments

• rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    I actually think 2 is more spring, simply because the Orton has softened/brightened the spring-y greens!!! Nice shots, both of them!!! (tomorrow, I head out to shoot for this, instead of oh, housework!!!)
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    I agree. The colors in #1 are dark and still....but not so spring-like as #2, which is just lovely! I do like the Orton effect on this, makes it look so soft and calm.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    I love the different shades of violet and blue in the first one. The second one does say "autumn" a bit more only because I see the leaves on the ground. Can you make that brown hue look more pink/magenta so the brown leaves look like fallen blossoms? headscratch.gif
  • torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2012
    Thank you for the comments - have tried making the fallen leaves pink, does this make it look more spring-y?

C201205051008011StonehamParkSp-XL.jpg
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2012
    clap.gif Yes, that works! Can you add the same touches of pink to the brown leaves on the tree? There's a a bit of a disconnect between the pink on the ground and the brown on the tree. You picked a gorgeous shade of pink.
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    richtersl wrote: »
    clap.gif Yes, that works! Can you add the same touches of pink to the brown leaves on the tree? There's a a bit of a disconnect between the pink on the ground and the brown on the tree. You picked a gorgeous shade of pink.

15524779-Ti.gif