Options

Downtown Fall

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited November 11, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Los Altos - CA is bursting with autumn colors right now! Tried to capture it, but not sure if I did it any justice.
All criticism and helpful pointers are heartily cherished as always!!

Okay Tom, what do I win for numbers 6-8?:barb
What is this thing?

1)
1W7A0559-X3.jpg

2)
1W7A0439-X3.jpg

3)
1W7A0459-X3.jpg

4)
1W7A0461-X3.jpg

5)
1W7A0463-X3.jpg

6)
1W7A0472-X3.jpg

7)
1W7A0474-X3.jpg

8)
1W7A0469-X3.jpg

9)
1W7A0498-X3.jpg

10)
1W7A0520-X3.jpg

11)
1W7A0534-X3.jpg

12)
1W7A0508-X3.jpg

13)
1W7A0551-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2014
    First of all, Taz, you did very well at documenting the meeting of Fall colors with a city landscape.thumb.gif

Unfortunately, as with me when I shoot car shows, you didn't have an option to place the car for optimum photography. But you did capture a couple of good, different perspectives and a nice close-up shot. Good job.

I wish I knew what it is. My first impression is that it's a homemade body sitting atop an amalgamation of parts from a variety of sources. The engine is very interesting. I don't remember seeing any intake / exhaust manifold arrangement quite like that before. I'll dig into my research archives and see if I can come up with any info that might be more definitive.

You certainly are deserving of a nice prize for your efforts. We'll go into that Mexican restaurant on the corner and I'll buy you a huge plate of bean burritos..... hopefully, those at home with you will be forgiving toward me when they have to shoulder the consequences.:D

See you, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2014
    #5 is my fav. I like the combo of car and dumpster. (I think you could have done more with that ... but you were just out for a walk.) My guess is that the car is a Bugatti ... maybe a Type 37 or sumpthin'. But it is hard to match.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2014
    3 & 11 has the wow! All that color is just beautiful. What a pretty town!!!!!clap.gif
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2014
    #5 and #11 are my favorites.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2014
    The car is definitely not a Bugatti. They were French made cars and they all had right-hand drive. This car is left-hand drive. Also, I've never seen a Bugatti of this era with doors. The windscreen seen on this car would not be compatible with race car design.... and Bugatti built race cars.

I'll keep digging around.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2014
    First of all, Taz, you did very well at documenting the meeting of Fall colors with a city landscape.thumb.gif

Unfortunately, as with me when I shoot car shows, you didn't have an option to place the car for optimum photography. But you did capture a couple of good, different perspectives and a nice close-up shot. Good job.

I wish I knew what it is. My first impression is that it's a homemade body sitting atop an amalgamation of parts from a variety of sources. The engine is very interesting. I don't remember seeing any intake / exhaust manifold arrangement quite like that before. I'll dig into my research archives and see if I can come up with any info that might be more definitive.

You certainly are deserving of a nice prize for your efforts. We'll go into that Mexican restaurant on the corner and I'll buy you a huge plate of bean burritos..... hopefully, those at home with you will be forgiving toward me when they have to shoulder the consequences.:D

See you, buddy,

Tom
    The car is definitely not a Bugatti. They were French made cars and they all had right-hand drive. This car is left-hand drive. Also, I've never seen a Bugatti of this era with doors. The windscreen seen on this car would not be compatible with race car design.... and Bugatti built race cars.

I'll keep digging around.

Tom

Thanks Tom!! Burritos sound good! I appreciate your encouragement always! I am sure if anyone can ID this car, you can! Cheer m8!!
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2014
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    #5 is my fav. I like the combo of car and dumpster. (I think you could have done more with that ... but you were just out for a walk.) My guess is that the car is a Bugatti ... maybe a Type 37 or sumpthin'. But it is hard to match.

Thanks Gary!! Appreciate it much!! I truly didn't think of taking advantage of the blue....was fixated with colors above. Car was totally unique.....and vibrant yellow!!
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2014
    Eia wrote: »
    3 & 11 has the wow! All that color is just beautiful. What a pretty town!!!!!clap.gif

Thanks Anna!! It is a cute town! Very relaxed atmosphere! Your kudos is heartening and always cherished! Cheers!!
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2014
    #5 and #11 are my favorites.

Phil

Thanks Phil!! I was happy that sunstar came out....took bunch of tries....at some point it deflected properly! Cheers buddy!!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 10, 2014
    I worked for a couple of years in the area and used to have lunch in Los Altos often. I think you did a good job on capturing the color. I would have liked to see a little more of the town itself for context, but maybe that's just a personal thing.
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2014
    Richard wrote: »
    I worked for a couple of years in the area and used to have lunch in Los Altos often. I think you did a good job on capturing the color. I would have liked to see a little more of the town itself for context, but maybe that's just a personal thing.

Thanks Richard!bowdown.gif I agree completely, and felt that didn't highlight the town........a new subject for me......but can't say how much I appreciate the advice....it will stay with me and if walking through a town and shooting, will try to capture its essence as well!
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2014
    For me #3 is my favorite, I like the abstraction, great colors!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gifthumbclap.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    Earache wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gifthumbclap.gif

Where's all the Silicon I've heard about? lol3.gif

Thanks Eric and Cristobal! Appreciate your support!!wings.gif

Silicon has been used up by the all the ladies in SoCal!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2014
    Nice series Taz.

#3 for me thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options