Options

5 Day B&W Challenge

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited November 16, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
So, I recently played along with the Facebook based 5 Day Black & White photo challenge. The project: 1 B&W pic each day for 5 days. With each day's upload to FB, you tag another shutterbug friend to include them in the challenge. Essentially, your activity for 5 days results in exponential additions to the challenge. There's no physical prize, only the growth of photo skills and pride I think.

Here are my pics for the 5 days. Thanks for viewing!!

Day%201-L.jpg

Day%202-L.jpg

Day%203-L.jpg

Day%204-L.jpg

Day%205-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2014
    I like the use of tattoo in #2! I would have probably clipped the leaves on the left side to emphasize the idea....and kept whole rose....but still cute!
    Nice to see you post!
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2014
    Thanks for the input! I can totally see what you're saying with the leaves, and would love to do that one again sometime. Problem is,the flower was for someone's birthday and I snagged it before party time lol

It's good to be posting again. We've been super busy rearranging our lives!
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2014
    Good subject selection. A little weak on the framing in #'s 2 and 3. # 4 would probably benefit from a different perspective. #5 could use more contrast....but then I think all of these shots could stand more contrast. My views, of course, are purely personal and subjective as all get out.

Kudos to you for striving to learn and grow as a photographer.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2014
    The input is highly appreciated, so thanks for taking the time to say it! I will play with the processing and see what I can come up with. All of these are straight out of camera JPEGS.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2014
    OK..............you asked.

I don't find anything interesting #1, and the blown out sky exasperates this.

#2 is creative but seems to lake sharpness and contrast.

#3 I like the subject matter but the over all image seems flat.

#4 I think may be the technically the best image but far to busy.

#5 This image is very flat. It does not invoke any felling of early morning, or a foggy day.

This is my opinion.....................please don't be offended, you know I wish you the best!

Sam
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2014
    Sam wrote: »
    OK..............you asked.

I don't find anything interesting #1, and the blown out sky exasperates this.

#2 is creative but seems to lake sharpness and contrast.

#3 I like the subject matter but the over all image seems flat.

#4 I think may be the technically the best image but far to busy.

#5 This image is very flat. It does not invoke any felling of early morning, or a foggy day.

This is my opinion.....................please don't be offended, you know I wish you the best!

Sam

No offense taken, Sam! You always give me straight forward insight, and I try to use it when / where I can. Besides, if someone is willing to take time to spend these words, then I'm willing to take time to give the words attention.

I will try some post process later this week to see what I can do with the contrast and depth issues. If I can't get to it this week, it'll be a month (Grand Canyon rafting trip 3 weeks). lol