For decoration only

SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited May 29, 2010 in Street and Documentary
877080995_uU2nD-L.jpg
Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited May 27, 2010
    I like everything about this one. Well done. clap.gifclap.gif
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    I like everything about this one. Well done. clap.gifclap.gif

Ok you got me on this one ne_nau.gif:D
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010

Terrific!
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited May 29, 2010
    bfjr wrote: »
    Ok you got me on this one ne_nau.gif:D
    Well, strangeness is hard to explain. You either dig it or you don't, I think. The composition is a little weird--the right half of the frame is almost empty and much of the action is close to the top. The painter in blue seems to be floating until you look carefully and see the ladder he is standing on. Overall, one gets the sense that both painters and the paint can are hanging in air despite the clearly present ladders. And what's the motorbike doing there anyway? Nevertheless, it all hangs together, IMO.

HTH.
  • SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Thanks Richard you've done my job for me !!!

Perhaps the best way to answer the question is to try and describe what made we want to take the picture it in the first place.

The thing that first caught my attention was the almost monotone floor and walls (a bit like a blank canvas). This is maintained in the almost empty right hand side which is in complete contrast wiith the cluttered, slightly surreal, left hand side which Richard has described perfectly.

I also agree that it's a picture that you either like or not. I'd prefer that you like it but won't take offence if you don't !

Incidentally, Cartier Bresson bowdown.gif (see link) acknowledged the influence surrealism had on his career so I guess I'm in good company !

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1983814,00.html
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951