New Gallery not showing up - help please

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited August 5, 2015 in SmugMug Support
To start.. I recently re-arranged stuff on my website... I am no coder or site guru, but know enough to get stuff where I need it to be...

I made a new gallery for a client, but when I go to the area on my site it should be at, I don't see it :dunno

I pulled up my "Organize" page.... and all looks like it should...
Site - File - File - gallery, all set to public, all links match.....

I can see no reason why it isn't viewable on the webpage. Can I get some assistance to see what step I missed please. I was trying to insert a snip of the Organize page here, but it won't... I can email it to whoever helps me if they need to see the set up.... If SM Hero, my site is prismaticimagery.com and the file is "The Work" and in the "client galleries" area there should be a gallery labeled "Reddy", but it's not showing up.

Thank you

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 26, 2015
    Lee, your The Work link in the menu takes me to a folder, which you customized to show specific galleries only and not all galleries from this folder. You have 3 galleries content blocks placed there, showing 8, 9 and 4 galleries you chose, respectively. Any new galleries that you create in this folder won't show automatically because of that. In addition, matters are even more complicated as you have a structure of both folders and galleries in The Work folder. I would recommend either simplifying things and placing a folders, galleries and pages content block here, setting it to show content from "Current location", or adding another galleries content block to show galleries that are not in any subfolder in The Work folder.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2015
    annnna8888 wrote: »
    Lee, your The Work link in the menu takes me to a folder, which you customized to show specific galleries only and not all galleries from this folder. You have 3 galleries content blocks placed there, showing 8, 9 and 4 galleries you chose, respectively. Any new galleries that you create in this folder won't show automatically because of that. In addition, matters are even more complicated as you have a structure of both folders and galleries in The Work folder. I would recommend either simplifying things and placing a folders, galleries and pages content block here, setting it to show content from "Current location", or adding another galleries content block to show galleries that are not in any subfolder in The Work folder.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero

......Aaaaaannnnd that why you get to wear the cape.... clap.gif

Thank you Ana, I did as you stated and added a Gallery block on the top section of that page, included my galleries in the settings tab and deleted the extra "file" that was not letting me add anything, but kept my "Softball" and "Wagon Train" files. I am happy to report that I can see my new client gallery now. clap.gifwings.gif

I appreciate your help iloveyou.gifwink:Dthumb.gif

Cheers and I hope the rest of your weekend is awesome! :D
    Lee Wiren
  • marimaloneymarimaloney Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 4, 2015
    Same issue... can you look at mine?
    annnna8888 wrote: »

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero

I have now suddenly misplaced a few galleries. I can see them but my clients cannot. headscratch.gif
  • tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 5, 2015
    Hi There,

Can you please tell us, which galleries are you missing?

I can check this for you.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me