Enjoy Bali and Java On Line (Video + Stills)

IntrepidBerkeleyExplorerIntrepidBerkeleyExplorer Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited March 3, 2010 in Video
My film "Gamelan, Garuda & Ganesh" can be seen on the web, if you have a high speed internet connection.

This Bali and Java (Indonesia) video features Balinese dance, music, masks, shadow puppets, a cremation ceremony, Java’s Buddhist & Hindu World Heritage Sites, the Ramayana Ballet, and much more, including digital effects.

This is a free, non-commercial, streaming video on the Windows Media Player. No ads and no strings attached. I sell absolutely nothing.

My video site is:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/Video.html

The Bali and Java still photo gallery can be viewed with any modem at:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/Page21.html

There are over 30 of my other free, amateur travel videos on-line covering all seven continents. Visit Italy, Japan, England, Antarctica, Peru, Hawaii, China, Russia, Mayan Temples, Greece, or Turkey; see whales, penguins, or polar bears.

The planet is yours, including my Home Page giant galaxy of still pictures at:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/

The Intrepid Berkeley Explorer :clap

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 3, 2010
    LOUD MUSIC

came blaring out of my speakers when I visited your links
    . So I closed the window and left. Sure, I might have expected music in your video. But to subject the user to music with no warning on a top-level web page is just plain hostile. Yes, evidently I had my speakers turned up loud. But it's still anti-social.
  • IntrepidBerkeleyExplorerIntrepidBerkeleyExplorer Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    kdog wrote:
    LOUD MUSIC

came blaring out of my speakers when I visited your links
    . So I closed the window and left. Sure, I might have expected music in your video. But to subject the user to music with no warning on a top-level web page is just plain hostile. Yes, evidently I had my speakers turned up loud. But it's still anti-social.

If you are referring to midi music on any of my pages, I have received complaints as to its existence, but nothing previously regarding volume. A mute command would be appropriate, but Yahoo fails to provide it. Audio can be turned down on all computers. Since you set everything to "loud", my site cannot be the only one which is intended for lower settings.

It appears you never reached a video. They stream from a page with no music. Each of my 36 travel videos was edited to play a soundtrack at
    appropriate volume levels. I may have failed at perfect audio contol, but nothing I've placed on line would be too loud for a computer set to normal audio.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 3, 2010
    So you've received previous complaints about sound on your website, and yet you leave it there? eek7.gif
    Tell me, do you think anybody ever visited a website and thought, "Hmm... I wish there was sound here." rolleyes1.gif