Zeiss Contax G 45 & 90 (Tested Sharp)

HiepphotogHiepphotog Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited March 28, 2015 in The Other Guys
1. Contax G 90:

This copy has been tested to be extremely sharp from WO to f/11. At f/4 and 5.6, it has zero softness anywhere in the picture. Centering on this is excellent. If you are looking for an extremely good copy of this Sonnar G, this is the one. This is what separate this lens from the rest on sale right here. I would love to keep this but my priority has changed recently.

Full-res aperture series

The lens comes with the original box, pouch and documents as well as the two original caps. Condition rating is on the conservative side. You can look at the hi-res pics of the lens later.

I'm asking $300 shipped and Paypal'd within CONUS. I'll ship abroad but there will be extra for shipping.

2. Contax G 45:

In my opinion, this lens is an equal lens to the current FE Sonnar 55/1.8, a.k.a baby Otus. This lens is sharp at WO, with slight fuzziness in the extreme corners (just like the MTF). This is because of field curvature. You can get good sharpness to the very end of the corners if you want to. The Sonnar 55/1.8 still has softness in the extreme corners. The Contax G still has higher macro- and micro-contrast across most of the frame compared to the Sonnar. By 5.6 and 8, the G 45 is actually sharper. It is much smaller and cheaper as well. The Sonnar has fast AF and smoother bokeh. So objectively, they are about equal.

This particular copy was also tested. Centering is excellent.

Full-res aperture series

The lens comes with the original box, pouch and documents as well as the two original caps. It also comes with the original Contax filter. The filter glass is less than pristine because it actually protected the lens itself. Condition rating is on the conservative side. You can look at the hi-res pics of the lens later.

I'm asking $430 shipped and Paypal'd within CONUS. I'll ship abroad but there will be extra for shipping.

Comments

• HiepphotogHiepphotog Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2015
    Contax G Sonnar 90:

_DSC0467.JPG

_DSC0468.JPG

_DSC0469.JPG

_DSC0470.JPG

_DSC0471.JPG

_DSC0472.JPG

_DSC0473.JPG

_DSC0474.JPG