Options

add a blog?

immopiximmopix Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited March 30, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Is it possible to add a blog to my smugmug page? I'm sure that would drive alot more traffic. Also where can I get a professional smugmug theme designer? here's my site for now let me know if there's some stuff I should change! immopix.ca :thumb

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited March 30, 2015
    immopix wrote: »
    Is it possible to add a blog to my smugmug page? I'm sure that would drive alot more traffic.
    You can add a blog using pages on your smug site, or you can use a blogging site. I use www.blogger.com, some folks use wordpress, still others have selected other vendors.

Here's an example of a blog made with pages on a smugmug site - http://www.tomoscott.com/Blog.
    As I mentioned above, I use a blogger as a blogging platform - http://denisegoldberg.blogspot.com.

If you use a blogging platform you will have built-in functions to create contents and link your blog posts.

If you want to use SmugMug pages as a blog, take a look at the article http://school.smugmug.com/SmugMug-Tips/How-to-Make-a-Photo-Blog.

You might also be interested in reading the thread How do I create a Blog through smugmug?
    here's my site for now let me know if there's some stuff I should change! immopix.ca
    I just took a quick look at your site and I saw that you are allowing access to the Original-sized images. This essentially means that you are making your images available for free. I know, you have right click protection turned on - but that can be easily bypassed. I added a thread in the legacy smugmug forum back in 2010 that applies to new smugmug as well. See ORIGINALS = a gateway to free photos, & right click protection is NOT PROTECTION.

Choose any size smaller than Original as your display size.
    where can I get a professional smugmug theme designer?
    You could try one of the vendors listed on the page Are there any certified customizers for SmugMug?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2015
    Thank you so much, you pretty much answeres all my questions.

And yes I put full-size pictures because I sell photography service for real estate and will only upload them to the site once the client has paid. If anyone else wants to use my pictures they are welcome to it but the watermark will still be there.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2015
    ... welcome to it but the watermark will still be there.
    When allowing "Originals" a download button shows. This downloads the Original without a watermark. Only generated display sizes get a watermark. Originals are never touched by Smug.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2015
    oh very good to know. I will change right now.