Options

Into the woods

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited November 4, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
D810 with 24-70 Nikkor lens ...
1/4 sec f/8 @ ISO 800 at 24mm and some PS/LR :)

DSC_4442c-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2015
    All I could look at was the way the trees tilted to the right. I copied it and straightened it and began to like it a lot. Personally, I found it more believable when I cooled it and added some contrast. Terrific composition.
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2015
    Cornflake wrote: »
    All I could look at was the way the trees tilted to the right. I copied it and straightened it and began to like it a lot. Personally, I found it more believable when I cooled it and added some contrast. Terrific composition.

Don, thanks for the very thoughtful comments. I actually was going for dramatic color flare here and I calculated that it would work for a few but not for others. The sunburst and lighting on the trees is completely manufactured in PS/LR. It's analogous to a "harsh" HDR but only consist of the one exposure. In reality the shot is almost entirely green and the leaves in the foreground have essentially no color. Here is the raw file converted to JPG...

DSC_4442-XL.jpg
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2015
    That explains some things I couldn't put my finger on. Thanks.