Options

Roots

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited November 9, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
DSC_4864a-2-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2015
    Very nice Wayne! Gets you looking!
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2015
    Wonderful processing, Wayne. thumb.gifAnd it's certainly an interesting subject. However, this shot is unbalanced heavily to the right. Another perspective might give you a much more evenly structured image.

Keep the good stuff coming,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Very nice Wayne! Gets you looking!

Taz, much appreciated on this one!
    Regards!
    Wonderful processing, Wayne. thumb.gifAnd it's certainly an interesting subject. However, this shot is unbalanced heavily to the right. Another perspective might give you a much more evenly structured image.

Keep the good stuff coming,

Tom

Tom, a very sharp observation on your part. I actually thought about that and experimented with tighter cropping but it made the roots look much like "sticks" in the water. I was intrigued here by the "spiral" appearance in this particular root formation so I opened up the crop slightly. However, as you astutely noted, it does cause the picture to be "heavy" on the right! This second example taken from a different tree root is better from a balance perspective. I always appreciate that you take time to provide your perspective on my efforts! Take care friend! bowdown.gif

DSC_4861a-XL.jpg
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2015
    That second shot is much more pleasing to the eye...it's nicely balanced. I think the inclusion of the second tree root also adds a nice dimension to the image. As in the first, the second image is beautifully converted to B&W.

See you,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2015
    That second shot is much more pleasing to the eye...it's nicely balanced. I think the inclusion of the second tree root also adds a nice dimension to the image. As in the first, the second image is beautifully converted to B&W.

See you,

Tom

Thanks Tom!

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2015
    I'm torn on the composition, I like the theme. The processing is OUTSTANDING! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    I'm torn on the composition, I like the theme. The processing is OUTSTANDING! clap.gif

Cristóbal, thanks! Sometimes you just go where the light happens to be.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2015
    Odd man out here.

If you tighten the crop (left and bottom), the composition becomes more dramatic in no 1 with a nice diagonal.

Was this taken in tidewater?
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2015
    willard3 wrote: »
    Odd man out here.

If you tighten the crop (left and bottom), the composition becomes more dramatic in no 1 with a nice diagonal.

Was this taken in tidewater?

Willard, always appreciate your thoughts. Here's the crop you suggested. I think the balance problem is still an issue but you're right about the diagonal. Yes, it was taken at the Newport News Va. City Park on the shore of the lake there.

DSC_4864a-3-L.jpg

Regards to you!

Wayne