Options

Untitled

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited October 30, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Was traveling this weekend on the way home, when this truck caught my eye behind an abandoned property, house and all. I had to turn around and come back to take this shot. I knocked on the front door of the house which was in poor repair but no one answered. I didn't want to stay there long so I walked into the field and took the shot. This was the shot I saw in my mind when I first saw the truck from the road. Was it worth it?

DSC_3520_1_2HDRa-8-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2015
    Oh man, you hit my happy button on this one! One of my favorites to shoot is old machinery in fields and such. This one definitely fits the bill, and IMO was completely worth your effort. I particularly love the muted colors. Very nice touch.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2015
    I like the processing very much!
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2015
    It was worth it. Fine shot.
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2015
    Sweet find! Agree with above about the color treament. That cool, desaturated hue is perfect for an old truck! You've really captured its essence!
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2015
    Oh man, you hit my happy button on this one! One of my favorites to shoot is old machinery in fields and such. This one definitely fits the bill, and IMO was completely worth your effort. I particularly love the muted colors. Very nice touch.

JBR, I was really worried about the processing. So glad that you like it. Regards!
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I like the processing very much!

Taz, this a real boost for me knowing that you approve! :ivar
    Cornflake wrote: »
    It was worth it. Fine shot.

Don, really means a lot to me that you appreciate the effort!
    CCoop wrote: »
    Sweet find! Agree with above about the color treament. That cool, desaturated hue is perfect for an old truck! You've really captured its essence!

Carter, glad you like the desaturated look. I thought it would compliment the surroundings. I'm really enjoying the recent efforts you have posted from your camera also! bowdown.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2015
    Well done.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited October 29, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    Well done.
    15524779-Ti.gif The desaturation goes well with the subject.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    Well done.

Cristóbal, thanks!
    Richard wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif The desaturation goes well with the subject.
    Richard, most appreciated!