image level pricing

tatteberrytatteberry Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited February 5, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Prior to the new pricing scheme, I set my prices on image level, so that the only sizes available were those that matched the right crop for the photo. I did this by creating a private gallery for each standard size, with pricing applied to that gallery. Then when uploading a photo, I chose that galleries pricing structure based upon the dimension of the image.

With the new pricing structure, I don't seem to be able to choose my gallery prices for image level pricing. Am I missing something? I can choose for gallery and galleries, but when I go to image level, that choice disappears. Hopefully this is just something I'm missing as it will make pricing on an image level a real pain.
Todd Atteberry

The Green Man Design Studio

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    Hi, site link and gallery link please?
  • tatteberrytatteberry Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    Todd Atteberry

edited February 1, 2009
    A little more info:

When I upload a photo, I choose image level pricing. Then it always gave me an option to choose a gallery to base the price on. Those galleries are found under the nature category (2:1, 8x10, square, etc). I would then apply those prices to all, then save prices and it was finished.

The reason it's important, is in particular, I have a lot of square images. If I have all sizes available, a customer has to scroll down to see the sizes which don't require cropping, and as we know, customers tend not to scroll. So what they see when they click the buy photo option is a list of sizes which all require cropping. Not good.

tatteberry wrote:
    Todd Atteberry

edited February 1, 2009
    Hey Todd, I know that Her0 Nick is working with you from the Help Desk.

Stay tuned, it's not our intention to take anything away, as far as I know. Let us do a little more digging and see what we can manage, okay?
    edited February 1, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hey Todd, I know that Her0 Nick is working with you from the Help Desk.

Stay tuned, it's not our intention to take anything away, as far as I know. Let us do a little more digging and see what we can manage, okay?

Well a much easier solution from our point of view would be to give us the opportunity to choose the "hide products that need to be cropped" option as a gallery level option, or image level option. In that way, those of us who use image level pricing to simplify the order form could save many steps.

And the road to hell is paved with good intentions, as the saying goes. :-)
    Todd Atteberry

edited February 1, 2009
    tatteberry wrote:
    And the road to hell is paved with good intentions, as the saying goes. :-)
    Game's over, I checked with Lee (bigwebguy) and he'll see what he can do to bring this back this week.
    Sorry!
    edited February 1, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Game's over, I checked with Lee (bigwebguy) and he'll see what he can do to bring this back this week.
    Sorry!

Hey! I'm happy with whatever I can get. Thanks.
    Todd Atteberry

edited February 5, 2009
    Just checking in to make sure that this is still on his plate of things to do this week. I assume that it is, but wanted to be sure it didn't fall through the cracks.
    Todd Atteberry