Options

Fire And Water

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited January 8, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
Taken from a spot on the shoreline of Yellowstone Lake. Throughout much of the Park, there's a preponderance of evidence relating to the massive fires that ravaged the Park years ago. Under existing Park regulations and policies, any fallen trees that do not block roadways, trails, or otherwise represent a hazard, are to be left as they fell. These dead trees, which number in the millions, will be on the scene for decades. Due to the elevation of the Park land and a couple of other considerations, it will take that long before these trees rot to nothing.

Yellowstone%203%20117-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2016
    Combs teeth. Straight, pointy, bare. What a sight! --Carter
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited January 1, 2016
    Still? I was there in 1994, and it looked something just like this. Or was it from fires since '94?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2016
    Nice comp! Pleasing scenery! Cheers Tom!
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited January 2, 2016
    Frightening and beautiful at the same time. Nice capture!
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2016
    CCoop wrote: »
    Combs teeth. Straight, pointy, bare. What a sight! --Carter

I think, Carter, that on my first visit to Yellowstone in 2012, the aspect of the place that was most unexpected and surprising was the immense scope of the fire damage...hence the huge areas with these untold numbers of dead trees. You're absolutely right...." What a sight ".

See you,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Still? I was there in 1994, and it looked something just like this. Or was it from fires since '94?

Hi David, It's good to hear from you. I don't remember ( what else is new ) what the exact year was but the damage I'm showing was all the result of that last time when they had these monstrous fires sweeping everywhere.

Take care.

Tom
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Nice comp! Pleasing scenery! Cheers Tom!

Thanks, buddy, and Happy New Year to you.

Tom
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2016
    Angelo wrote: »
    Frightening and beautiful at the same time. Nice capture!

Hi Angelo. I hope the new year is a great one for you. Thanks for your support.

Tom
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2016
    Nice! lots of texture with the dead trees, the water and then the mountains. My eyes go front to all the way back!!!
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2016
    Eia wrote: »
    Nice! lots of texture with the dead trees, the water and then the mountains. My eyes go front to all the way back!!!

Thanks for the visit. I hope you have a great new year. If you get a chance, how about treating the rest of us to more of your work.

Take care,

Tom