Options

A well worn path

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited January 7, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
I post this picture for three purposes today.
Firstly, I celebrate one year on DGRIN :clap and I'll have to say it has been a ball!
Secondly, I'd like to think my photography reflects the growth I've hopefully experienced being exposed to the great talents here and getting outstanding feedback when it comes to how to improve the "art" I attempt to express with the camera. This picture I think represents that to me. A year ago I would have walked by this scene depicted here looking for that great landscape shot or the bridge lights shining at night. But having been here for these last twelve months I now try to see everything...even the smallest insignificant thing with which most others couldn't be bothered. I think this picture is a good example of that. Not saying it's a good picture or even average but today... I took the shot!
Thirdly, I look for a subject that might just tell a story in some subtle way. I think this picture does that.
Thanks DGRIN...looking forward to seeing and learning much much more.

DSC_7638-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016
    nice one. Love old metal work like that! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016
    Those are all good reasons. Fine shot.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016
    Super find! Great to have you!
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016
    Great shot Wayne! That is what I love about photography - about how it makes you REALLY consider your surroundings.

Cheers, Sara
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2016
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    nice one. Love old metal work like that! thumb.gif

Don

Thank you , Don! Everything I learned about rust I owe to you!
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Those are all good reasons. Fine shot.

Thanks to you Don as well...much appreciated. "Fine shot" always makes my day!
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Super find! Great to have you!

A special thanks to you, Taz! You especially have provided lots of input in the past and I am in your debt!
    Great shot Wayne! That is what I love about photography - about how it makes you REALLY consider your surroundings.

Cheers, Sara

Sara, you've been a breath of fresh air for me and I love your photography. That's a euphemism for "I'm very jealous that you took those fantastic shots and I didn't"
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016
    With my predilection for old buildings and such, a subject like this one here really strikes a chord with me. The textures of the wood, the weathered colors, the old latch....elements that make for a great shot and you handled that opportunity very, very well.

Your infectious enthusiasm will benefit you greatly as your photographic horizons continue to expand.

Good luck,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2016
    With my predilection for old buildings and such, a subject like this one here really strikes a chord with me. The textures of the wood, the weathered colors, the old latch....elements that make for a great shot and you handled that opportunity very, very well.

Your infectious enthusiasm will benefit you greatly as your photographic horizons continue to expand.

Good luck,

Tom

Tom, I always look forward to and greatly appreciate your comments and thoughtful analysis ( bowdown.gif ) pertaining to my posts. Thank you!

Take care,

Wayne

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016

Cheers, Sara

I agree.

You have definitely learned to see as a true photog. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    I agree.

You have definitely learned to see as a true photog. clap.gif

I owe you many thanks as well, Cristóbal bowdown.gifbow

• Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2016
    This pulls me in and tells a very good story.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2016
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    This pulls me in and tells a very good story.

From one with your experience Gary this means a great deal to me!

Thank you,

Wayne

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2016
    Not much else to say except - Happy Anniversary! (Great eye and shot, btw)
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2016
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Not much else to say except - Happy Anniversary! (Great eye and shot, btw)

Thank you Jo! Greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Wayne

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2016
    Agree with above! Great shot, and great group here on DGrin! Very nicely said, and I know your gratitude is shared by all. Thank you for posting your work here and for all your helpful and encouraging remarks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2016
    CCoop wrote: »
    Agree with above! Great shot, and great group here on DGrin! Very nicely said, and I know your gratitude is shared by all. Thank you for posting your work here and for all your helpful and encouraging remarks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Carter. Couldn't be a nicer guy on here than you!

Take care,

Wayne