Options

Forms

Purest Light PhotographyPurest Light Photography Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited May 4, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I recently started my own photography business and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find forms such as: Client information, release forms & Display Permission Contract ect. I have searched online and have found a company that sells them but for $700!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Well, I had an attorney prepare mine. So, it is often the case that you will need to pay for it. You could try putting one together on your own and just hope it holds its own.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    While it is best to have an attorney write up these forms for your particular business, you can find some decent ones on the internet.

Read through Dan Hellers site
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    For those of us that don't have the money or desire yet to hire an attorney, any suggested spots to start looking for said pre-done forms?

I am looking to do a few clients this summer, but I don't plan on doing enough business as of yet to justify an attorney's fees (unless it's cheaper than I'm guessing). I know people here are recommending an attorney, and I understand where you're coming from and if I was planning on full-time shooting, I would totally cough up the $$$ now before I took on too many clients.

But for those of us just looking to add a little professional formalities to working with clients and ensuring no one takes advantage of the friendly photographer, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    For those of us that don't have the money or desire yet to hire an attorney, any suggested spots to start looking for said pre-done forms?

I am looking to do a few clients this summer, but I don't plan on doing enough business as of yet to justify an attorney's fees (unless it's cheaper than I'm guessing). I know people here are recommending an attorney, and I understand where you're coming from and if I was planning on full-time shooting, I would totally cough up the $$$ now before I took on too many clients.

But for those of us just looking to add a little professional formalities to working with clients and ensuring no one takes advantage of the friendly photographer, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Nick

Check the 'BOOKS' link at the top bar here in dgrin for some suggestions.
    //Leah
  • Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Okay, no fair, you totally wrote the entry for the book on legal forms there! I believe that page has been heavily updated since the last time I looked there. I'll have to read it over again and see what I've missed. The last couple times I looked, there were 2 or 3 books and that was it.

Thanks Leah!
    ~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Okay, no fair, you totally wrote the entry for the book on legal forms there! I believe that page has been heavily updated since the last time I looked there. I'll have to read it over again and see what I've missed. The last couple times I looked, there were 2 or 3 books and that was it.

Thanks Leah!
    ~Nick

;) I've been busy furthering my own education and sharing it with others. Another dozen books in que.... I figured this is my education and worth spending the $$ on! :ivar

and then sharing ;)
    //Leah