Options

SOLD: Canon 24-70mm f2.8L USM uu0911

NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
edited July 15, 2009 in House of Canon
Very versatile solidly built weather-proofed lens produces gorgeous color. Best for FF but also good for crop bodies. I use it with a 40D.

I bought it new and have had it 1.5yr. It is in mint condition. No mishaps in its history. Functions beautifully. Calibration must be pretty close - I pixel peep as a matter of course and do not see a problem. However, I have not had the calibration checked.

Most of my posts to dGrin are using this lens (all have been postprocessed).

I am planning to replace it with a 24-105 f4L IS USM for two reasons - for the longer reach and for the IS. I used the 24-70 mainly for street and travel, with people as the main subjects. In my experience of this lens the results with medium range landscapes/cityscapes are very good, but it lacks the last bit of sharpness needed for portraits. However, I can't claim to have the skill to use this lens to its best advantage.

The lens is with me in Saudi Arabia. Sale includes shipping and insurance, hood, pouch, original box and documentation.

US$800

Best.

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• Options
    ronf119ronf119 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    Interested depending on price. PM me
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2009
    Available all up US$800.

• Options
    Mrs TeacherMrs Teacher Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 13, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Very versatile solidly built weather-proofed lens produces gorgeous color. Best for FF but also good for crop bodies. I use it with a 40D.

I bought it new and have had it 1.5yr. It is in mint condition. No mishaps in its history. Functions beautifully. Calibration must be pretty close - I pixel peep as a matter of course and do not see a problem. However, I have not had the calibration checked.

Most of my posts to dGrin are using this lens (all have been postprocessed).

I am planning to replace it with a 24-105 f4L IS USM for two reasons - for the longer reach and for the IS. I used the 24-70 mainly for street and travel, with people as the main subjects. In my experience of this lens the results with medium range landscapes/cityscapes are very good, but it lacks the last bit of sharpness needed for portraits. However, I can't claim to have the skill to use this lens to its best advantage.

The lens is with me in Saudi Arabia. Sale includes shipping and insurance, hood, pouch, original box and documentation.

US$800

Best.

Neil

Hi Neil,
    Nothing would make me happier than to buy this from you! PM'ing you.
  • Options
    phigmentphigment Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 13, 2009
    PM coming.
  • Options
    BeemerChefBeemerChef Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    phigment wrote:
    PM coming.

What a shame! I just put my 24-105 on consignement!!! to get a 24-70 as you are selling... One day too late!!! Funny...

Ara & Spirit
    The Oasis of my Soul our Blog and Life Therapy...
    My Gallery in progress...
    On the road, homeless, with my buddy Spirit...
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2009
    Lens now sold.

Thanks to everyone for your interest!

Neil