Options

Status Blog: Comments and Criticisms

bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited September 10, 2009 in SmugMug Support
After the events of the past few days, I'd like to take a poll here. This is to get an idea of how the customers of SmugMug feel about the current state of the SmugMug Status Blog. I don't want to ruffle feathers here, but after everything settles down in SmugMug HQ, they can take a look at this and see our opinions. If there's a lot of support, maybe we can add some ideas for changes to the UserVoice site that SM has running, and those who care can throw their votes behind an issue.

So, please vote in the poll above, and leave comments and criticisms in this thread, to try to consolidate the views on the status blog here instead of scattered among different threads.
Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8

How satisfied are you with the SmugMug Status Blog (http://smugmug.wordpress.com) 17 votes

100% Completely Satisfied, no changes needed!
11% 2 votes
Mostly satisfied, but it could use some changes...
41% 7 votes
Doesn't really give me the information I need, but it's better than nothing!
41% 7 votes
So bad, I'd rather see a whole redo of the status blog!
5% 1 vote
None of the above
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    I appreciate that it's there, but it could use some improvement.

1) More info! Particularly time estimates, and maybe some vague description of what the problem is. The "back out of read-only" with no further updates for 9 hours on the past incident was very confusing. Many of us seemed to think that meant the problem was fixed. It would have saved a lot of confusion and frustration to take an extra 30 seconds and say "back out of read-only, not quite fixed yet. Expect to be back up in 4-6 hours." And then come back before 6 hours is up and let us know if it's going to be a little longer.

2) I wish my feed reader (usually Google Reader) would show the post as new when it's edited, even if I've marked it as read. I've seen this happen before on other sites, but I'm not sure how it works. I just did a little searching on Wordpress, and it looks like you can update the published date/time. I wonder if that might do the trick. If it's not possible to do, I'd like to see each update as a separate post.
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)