edited August 17, 2017 in People
deleted for privacy

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Hi Lauren,
    welcome to Dgrin and to People section! clap.gif
    Nice series, I especiall like the last one... Was it a golden reflector or a gelled flash on the camera left?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice series, I especiall like the last one... Was it a golden reflector or a gelled flash on the camera left?

Thanks so much! It was indeed a golden reflector, good eye! It might be a little too orange, but of the few shots I got of him in that position, his facial expression was best in this one so I just settled for it :)
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Hi, Lauren! (Go Brooklyn - grew up in Queens myself.)

The last one is my favorite as well. He looks very Edward Norton-liscious there iloveyou.gif.

I like the warmth of his face more than the person sitting on camera right :)
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    I like the warmth of his face more than the person sitting on camera right :)

Thanks so much! Yeah you know, I don't really know squat about using Photoshop properly so I didn't even attempt to clone that rogue person out. Perhaps I should post the original here and give someone else a shot if that would be fun for them? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2009
    Hello laurenornot and welcome to DGrin! I like the last one best but I do think that it's a bit too strong on the reflector camera left (nice eye Mari). The first 3 have very distracting backgrounds that are competing and somewhat overpowering your intended subject matter. In #3 with the garage door BG, IMOP would be better with a more grungy appearance than an almost prestine door....it seems to not go together...perhaps because of my getting the image of "Johnny Cash" from the black clothes. lol
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Hello laurenornot and welcome to DGrin! I like the last one best but I do think that it's a bit too strong on the reflector camera left (nice eye Mari). The first 3 have very distracting backgrounds that are competing and somewhat overpowering your intended subject matter. In #3 with the garage door BG, IMOP would be better with a more grungy appearance than an almost prestine door....it seems to not go together...perhaps because of my getting the image of "Johnny Cash" from the black clothes. lol

Hey there, thank you for the input. I do agree with you about the reflector being a bit too strong, but his facial expression was perfect so I kept the shot. I suppose I could try to tone it down a bit in post.

I did actually edit some of the "grunge" out of the garage door at the request of Johnny, who was going for a sort of clean look with his black suit and skinny tie mwink.gif As far as the first two, those were purposefully left with excess space in the background because they are intended for posters and there will be a text box above his head with information about upcoming live shows. So in reality the photos will look more like they are a 1x1 crop.
  • Options
    amazingPicsCoamazingPicsCo Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited November 5, 2009
    These are some nice shots. The lighting may be a little harsh which is my only nit.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 5, 2009
    The shots look great! My only complaint is in the first two, my eye goes right to that red fire alarm bell.
  • Options
    toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2009
    nice series
    Like them all, but my favorite is the one in front of the door. Understand that it could be a little overpowering, but I think it makes the shot really strong. I think he was right to have you clean it up a little bit -- I think it really works.
  • Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2009
    Like the garage shot, like the bench shot - Nice work.
    The BG in the other 2 is overwhelming for my taste buds... But if its what you're after, there good too.