Options

Bodyscapes (18+)

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 13, 2010 in Go Figure
I just got a set of grids for my ABs. First time playing with them. Found it frustrating at times but enjoyed the session and I think these turned out pretty good.

763566952_hLXec-L.jpg
763567310_7b9Z9-L.jpg
763568050_hvqE7-L.jpg
763568331_TM5jU-L.jpg
763568636_pJguy-L.jpg
763568832_aAViD-L.jpg
763574161_YrBnZ-L.jpg
763567889_7C3pe-L.jpg
763589372_oMuES-L.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    A wonderful series, love the way the shadows play with light, how certain bits and pieces show while other stay hidden by shadow. I believe you did a wonderful job here, still there is room for improvement but you are well on your way, getting better on each post.

My only advise would be to be careful with the hot spots, on some of the pics its very pronounced, number 3 and 5 are examples, 3 its too hot on the legs, gets my attention on that part only, and since I read a photo the same way I read text, my eyes don't really get far, pity because the rest of the photo is stunning clap.gifclap.gif

On number 5, the bright part is dead on centered, again keeping my eyes in that specific areamwink.gifmwink.gif

You are generating very good at this!!!

do take all my advise with a grain of salt, its worth less than the usual 2 cents you get with advise!rolleyes1.gif

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Wineman wrote:
    A wonderful series, love the way the shadows play with light, how certain bits and pieces show while other stay hidden by shadow. I believe you did a wonderful job here, still there is room for improvement but you are well on your way, getting better on each post.

My only advise would be to be careful with the hot spots, on some of the pics its very pronounced, number 3 and 5 are examples, 3 its too hot on the legs, gets my attention on that part only, and since I read a photo the same way I read text, my eyes don't really get far, pity because the rest of the photo is stunning clap.gifclap.gif

On number 5, the bright part is dead on centered, again keeping my eyes in that specific areamwink.gifmwink.gif

You are generating very good at this!!!

do take all my advise with a grain of salt, its worth less than the usual 2 cents you get with advise!rolleyes1.gif

Z.

Z,

Thanks for the reply. I totally get what you're saying about the hotspots. I mention it being a bit frustrating in my OP and thats what I meant. I struggled with the harshness of them but started to get the feel of them towards the end of the session. I need to play with them more to learn how to avoid hotspots. I think getting a light meter may help as well.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Nice job Alex! As you mentioned, a light meter might help, but I think your exposure was pretty darn close to perfect, just that the key light was a tad hot on a few of them. I'm sure that Nikoli will chime in soon, and give you a better idea of how to correct it. Hopefully I'll get a place soon so I can get my lights setup and start playing! Anyway, keep up the great work, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2010
    thanks gary!

My Smug Site
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Looks like you did a fine job with the new gear! Nice work and scapes~
    tom wise