Options

Kourtney - Class of 2010

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited April 15, 2010 in People
A few from yesterday afternoon.

I dont crop or fix blemishes until they order prints.... soooo....

....and Heather....they arent ALL taken with bricks!!!:rofl

1-
835012506_HBYd8-M.jpg

2-
835010716_9Rj8W-M.jpg

3-
835013713_pegFh-L.jpg

4-
835016542_BjSia-L.jpg

5-
835003388_3emVp-L-1.jpg

6-
835004418_XsvfV-M.jpg

7-
835007609_ghuBn-M.jpg

8-
835008218_oNN7e-L.jpg

9-
835020427_KiNBK-L.jpg

10-
835023368_ZV8hY-L.jpg

11-
835025094_YPABR-L.jpg

12-
835025597_63A42-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Nice stuff Jeff. I like 5 through 9 most out of the series. I also think #2 is a really great setup.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    clap.gif nice work!

#5 Great! Almost black/white, but not really. Works for me :D
    #7 my fav!thumb.gifYes, the one with the bricks mwink.gif
    #8 Just love the lines. How would the photo look if she's all the way to left (leave out the window and start at the white frame)?

#10-12 Beautiful dress, but I'm not sure about the setting.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Your seniors must love you for the pics you give them. Just wonderful, Jeff!! I don't know what else to say iloveyou.gif

Thanks so much for sharing your work!
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Your seniors must love you for the pics you give them. Just wonderful, Jeff!! I don't know what else to say iloveyou.gif

Thanks so much for sharing your work!

Well....I tried to give one a touch of your style of processing...I thought....but it flopped. Wanna take a hack at it?...Ill send you a link to the "O" file? iloveyou.gif

Mebbe you could flare it up right for me.

...and thanks for your sweet remarks....mwink.gif
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Well....I tried to give one a touch of your style of processing...I thought....but it flopped. Wanna take a hack at it?...Ill send you a link to the "O" file? iloveyou.gif

Mebbe you could flare it up right for me.

...and thanks for your sweet remarks....mwink.gif

This is WAAAAYYYYYY better than anything I could ever come up with :crazy

But sure ..., if you want me to screw it up for 'ya, I will be happy to show you my take on a pic ............ :hide
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    This is WAAAAYYYYYY better than anything I could ever come up with :crazy

But sure ..., if you want me to screw it up for 'ya, I will be happy to show you my take on a pic ............ :hide

PM a comin':D
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    one thing you and I have in common..we both love a good vignette. great stuff Jeffreaux:D
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    Another great set! Especially loving 6 and 11.

Caroline
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    Hey Jeff,

I may just be me, but it seems like you are back after a long dry spell. Either way, it's nice to see your posts again ... and this one is no exception.

#1 - the guy in me loves this shot. Just not too sure about her expression.

#3 - Really don't like the angle or the pose. May just be me, but it just seems to have a lot of snob attitude. But, then again, maybe that's just her?

#5 - This one is stellar. Love the light, the pose, the expression. This one rocks.

#8 - So does this one.

One thing I notice in all the shots you've included in this set - it seems she's tucking her chin in every shot. Sometimes it work, other times, I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    Wow, some fun shots and great variety processing here! She SURE had a lot of outfit changes! This shoot must have taken all day! Nice work, Jeff!
  • Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    WOW she is very pretty and you have done a nice job capturing that beauty. She should be very pleased.

I have to vote for five and eight as well. Particularly five. It has it all IMHO!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2010
    Hey Jeff,

I may just be me, but it seems like you are back after a long dry spell. Either way, it's nice to see your posts again ... and this one is no exception.

Thanks!!!

#1 - the guy in me loves this shot. Just not too sure about her expression.

This was a fairly easy shot to execute, but took a fair amount of time in post. That very last pallet was lighter in color and REALLY made the BG even more distracting. Theres a lot of burning in there. I have an identical composition with a big bright smile....but I favored the grittier look. She can choose from either one.

#3 - Really don't like the angle or the pose. May just be me, but it just seems to have a lot of snob attitude. But, then again, maybe that's just her?

This was my toughest shot of the day...and you can imagine why.....shooting at the sky....and trying to get my IR transmitter to talk to the flash which was nearly straight above my head. I should really pack a bit of aluminum foil to make bouncing THAT signal easier.....but it usually works - no problem- only time its an issue is when I really try to put myself or the light in an idiotic angle. Anyway.....her mom was holding the light/umbrella three feet away.....and since it had taken awhile for me to get everything synched up and arranged they had started to cut uo a bit. The expression is a product of that....and while I see your point...I think they will like it. We'll see.
    #5 - This one is stellar. Love the light, the pose, the expression. This one rocks.

Im so bored with those columns that seeing this shot doesnt phase me. I can say that I have gotten much better at being able to get a good exposure and focus in there....but Ive had LOTS of shooting time there. Its always an excellent location...and despite me being TIRED of it, the comments here are a good reminder that as a location....well...its a keeper. Thanks.:D
    #8 - So does this one.

A shot on a whim.....never shot there before, but in passing thought the green of the glass would compliment well with her dress. The natural light playing out through there helps as well.
    One thing I notice in all the shots you've included in this set - it seems she's tucking her chin in every shot. Sometimes it work, other times, I'm not so sure.

It didnt jump out at my as we shot, but I can see your point. I do a lot of tilt and turn direction with the goal being to keep to the intended lighting angle, keep both eyes in the shot, and keep the nose inside the cheek. Ill have to be more wary of the tucking.

Nice seeing you around too. Take care Scott.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2010
    kidzmom wrote:
    Wow, some fun shots and great variety processing here! She SURE had a lot of outfit changes! This shoot must have taken all day! Nice work, Jeff!

3 Hours....and they forgot the dress she wore with the boots and had to send MoM on a 40 mile round tripper to get it there. It was worth the trip in my opinion.:D
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2010
    Another great set! Especially loving 6 and 11.

Caroline

Im okay with 6....its something I do for nearly everyone I shoot....frame fillers.:D

Im glad you also like 11....Its one of my absolute faves from the shoot. I really like the look.
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    5 and 8 take the cake !! thumb.gif The proccessing is simply bad-azz! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2010
    The proccessing is simply bad-azz! clap.gif

Whew!!!! rolleyes1.gif

Makes me feel just a little better about plunking the dough out for the whole TRA thing last Christmas.eek7.gif

Other than straight up color or monotones I tend to favor retro processing.

The TRA action set has pushed me out of Lightroom and back into PS for some of these looks.

Thanks!thumb.gif
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Nice series.
    1 and 2 are my favorites.
    I don't love the heavy vignettes as much as I used to, just me I am sure.

Pretty girl, I am sure she will be very happy with these shots, nice work.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    Exquisite. You speak my language, love them!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    Awsome set. I love the processing. What is this action you refere to and how can I learn more about it?
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2010
    Clixphoto wrote:
    Awsome set. I love the processing. What is this action you refere to and how can I learn more about it?

www.gettotallyrad.com

I have all their sets except the Lightroom presets.
  • Options
    ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Cool site. Do you use Elements or CS4? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2010
    Clixphoto wrote:
    Cool site. Do you use Elements or CS4? Thanks.

I have PS Elements, but only use it in conjunction with Premiere Elements when editing video.

For photography work I use CS3. I actually have CS4...AND windows 7 but havent taken the time to upgrade from Vista 64 and CS3. Lazy I know!