• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization Amazing Customization: Customizer-for-hire

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Closed Thread
Page 1  of  3
1 2 3
Old Aug-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Ham1 is offline Ham1 OP
BizDev & SmugMug Hero
Amazing Customization: Customizer-for-hire
Over these past few years SmugMug has worked really closely with some amazing companies that have created a business customizing SmugMug sites for our subscribers. The sites are unbelievable and they are not just limited to photographers but to large media companies, entertainment industry, summer camps, theme parks, architects etc etc.

I specifically have worked with and talked to each of these companies below. They are good honest people working hard to grow their business one customer at a time.

Their prices and skills vary so you may want to talk to multiple companies and see which best meets your needs. I know that the majority focus on SmugMug, but can also help you customize and integrate with your ShowIt site, WordPress/Blogger site, Facebook page etc.

NOTE: I am working with a few other customization companies and they will be added to this over time, but I require some history together to get on this list.

In no particular order:

Original thread, witih a couple years of reviews, is here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=89938

Last edited by gluwater; Sep-20-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: fixed syntax error in links
Old Aug-31-2010, 01:27 PM
newskinmedia is offline newskinmedia
Certified SM Customizer
Thanks, Markham! Your referrals are always very much appreciated. :-)

Melissa
Old Sep-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Justin B is offline Justin B
Web Designer
You are a pleasure to work with Markham, Thanks!
Old Sep-03-2010, 09:56 PM
DrDavid is offline DrDavid
Smugization Master
Thanks Markham.. To see the previous thread, with lots of reviews and comments, see here:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=89938

We've done TONS of SmugMug sites--offering much more than just simple customization. Contact us today to find out what we can do for you!

Our contact form is here: http://www.WolfSnap.com/Smugization

Want to see samples? http://www.WolfSnap.com/samples

David

SmugMug & Wordpress Customization - WolfSnap.com | Custom Domains
Old Sep-09-2010, 05:36 PM
jerryr is offline jerryr
Smugmug Customization
Thanks Markham - appreciated all of the referrals and kind words over the years. Always looking forward to working with Smuggers!

- jerry

Old Sep-11-2010, 05:58 AM
54Blake is offline 54Blake
Beginner grinner
Thanks Markham! It has been great fun working with SmugMug on these customizations.
Old Sep-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Techbri is offline Techbri
Beginner grinner
Do any developers here work on personal family-like sites in smugmug? I am learning Lightroom and starting to sort and publish photos to it. However, I am interested in setting up a family website and I think using Smugmug would be the way to go. The samples I have found here look great but they are mostly for businesses (particularly photography businesses.)

I originally got my domain through Google sites and was going to just use a template and then publish PicasaWeb albums to it. However, I like the hierarchy with Smugmug better and how it integrates with lightroom. I am a Systems Administrator so I am a technical guy but I am no web designer.

Brian
Old Sep-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Smugization Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techbri View Post
Do any developers here work on personal family-like sites in smugmug? I am learning Lightroom and starting to sort and publish photos to it. However, I am interested in setting up a family website and I think using Smugmug would be the way to go. The samples I have found here look great but they are mostly for businesses (particularly photography businesses.)

I originally got my domain through Google sites and was going to just use a template and then publish PicasaWeb albums to it. However, I like the hierarchy with Smugmug better and how it integrates with lightroom. I am a Systems Administrator so I am a technical guy but I am no web designer.

Brian
Of course I work on personal sites! I've actually done a bunch of family sites (not commercial at all). They tend to be designed a bit differently; catering the UI to ease of use for Grandma vs. trying to sell something.

Fill out my form and we can chat: http://www.WolfSnap.com/smugization

David

Old Nov-16-2010, 07:22 PM
RogersDA is offline RogersDA
Unknown...and happy.
3 emails to 3 people on this list - only one response.

Amazing.
Old Nov-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Smugization Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersDA View Post

Amazing.
I respond to 100% of emails. Don't know why anyone wouldn't?

I don't think you contacted me though. Maybe you'd like to? :)

Old Nov-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Unknown...and happy.
Quote:

Amazing.
David - I went through most of the sites and looked at the sample work. I sent the three emails based on my likes. Not that any one person's samples/work was not bad or not worthy. In fact, picking just a few was hard. Melissa of NewSkinMedia was the only one to responsd. Kudos to her!

And your reputation is solid, David, both here on DGrin and in your sample work.

I just find it amazing that two people never responded at all. What's the point in getting your name/site listed here if you don't plan on responding at all?
Old Nov-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Smugization Master
Quote:
And your reputation is solid, David, both here on DGrin and in your sample work.
Thanks!

Although, you might want to look again. We added a bunch more sites which are, frankly, amazing. Just sayin' :)

Anyways, good luck in any event getting your site done the way you want it.

David

Old Nov-17-2010, 06:35 AM
54Blake is offline 54Blake
Beginner grinner
Quote:

Amazing.
You'd have gotten an email from me. Hopefully I'll be on your list of possible customizes next time.
Old Nov-17-2010, 08:58 AM
tatteberry is offline tatteberry
Major grins
Of course, there's the spam filter, which often grabs new emails from people not in your address book. Also, some email providers are notorious for never delivering mail at all (yahoo), without giving any notification at all. If I don't hear back from someone I've emailed, I pick up the phone and dial. Sometimes old school still works best.

The Green Man Design Studio
www.greenman-advertising.com
www.toddatteberry.com
historytrekkershoppe.com
Old Nov-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Unknown...and happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatteberry View Post
Of course, there's the spam filter, which often grabs new emails from people not in your address book. Also, some email providers are notorious for never delivering mail at all (yahoo), without giving any notification at all. If I don't hear back from someone I've emailed, I pick up the phone and dial. Sometimes old school still works best.
Thanks for responding here. For me - I have no spam filters at all via my custom domain/email service. In fact I have a catch-all account just for all the random emails to me (which, thankfully, are very few in number). So, I would get whatever is sent to me.
Old Nov-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Unknown...and happy.
Update: I got one missing response today. Thanks, and I appreciate you letting me know that you cannot take-on the task right now.
Old Nov-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Smugization Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatteberry View Post
Personally, I think if a "professional" web designer is using a yahoo account, that's reason enough to not use them. Just sayin'.

Old Nov-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Unknown...and happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
Personally, I think if a "professional" web designer is using a yahoo account, that's reason enough to not use them. Just sayin'.
I think he was referring to the recipient being a yahoozer and not the sender. But, the point is well-taken.
Old Nov-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Smugization Master
Quote:
I think he was referring to the recipient being a yahoozer and not the sender. But, the point is well-taken.
I have a thing against free email accounts for business usage. Using your own domain for your email isn't even expensive.. But, it's something that people overlook time and time again.

I mean, you wouldn't put advertising from your car manufacturer on your business card for free, would you? Then why advertise yahoo/hotmail/aol, etc.. for free? It's just a bad idea.

BTW; all you need to use your own domain is a $10 domain (I like http://www.WolfSnapDomains.com of course), and (the cheapest option) a quick setup of a forwarding account that comes for free with your domain. Better option? For $150 (cheaper if it's with a full site design) I setup (and show you how to use/consolidate) Google Apps for your Domain. It's basically a free business version of gmail. Other than my time to set it up, there are NO other fees and/or costs. It ROCKS! (I should note, Google Apps is what *SmugMug* uses for it's email system.)

Anyways, just wanted to clarify a bit.

David

Old Nov-19-2010, 07:35 AM
tatteberry is offline tatteberry
Major grins
Yes, I was referring to the recipient, not the sender.

And what David is saying is certainly true, particularly if you're providing a service (weddings, portraits, pets) rather than just selling prints (landscapes, nature, etc.). And from all I've heard, the email service he provides is top-notch, and certainly worth looking into.

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
I have a thing against free email accounts for business usage. Using your own domain for your email isn't even expensive.. But, it's something that people overlook time and time again.

I mean, you wouldn't put advertising from your car manufacturer on your business card for free, would you? Then why advertise yahoo/hotmail/aol, etc.. for free? It's just a bad idea.

BTW; all you need to use your own domain is a $10 domain (I like http://www.WolfSnapDomains.com of course), and (the cheapest option) a quick setup of a forwarding account that comes for free with your domain. Better option? For $150 (cheaper if it's with a full site design) I setup (and show you how to use/consolidate) Google Apps for your Domain. It's basically a free business version of gmail. Other than my time to set it up, there are NO other fees and/or costs. It ROCKS! (I should note, Google Apps is what *SmugMug* uses for it's email system.)

Anyways, just wanted to clarify a bit.

David

The Green Man Design Studio
www.greenman-advertising.com
www.toddatteberry.com
historytrekkershoppe.com
Closed Thread
Page 1  of  3
1 2 3
Tell The World!