Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #66 (Silver or Gold) CLOSED

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited December 28, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #66

Welcome to Round #66 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member.
It will run from Monday, December 13, 7:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, December 27, 10:00pm PST time (GMT -8). Note the ending Time change

The topic ready for your interpretation: Silver or Gold

There are no editing restrictions in this round.

Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page: Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your main EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules, there have been some recent modifications

Comments

• Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2010
    I'm looking to Bumbles and Yukon Cornelius for inspiration on this one..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    I have been on the hunt for a man or a couple of men with grillz in their teeth for an urban street portrait--to no avail. I would think this wouldn't be so hard. That's my idea for this challenge, but my subject matter escapes me. ARRRGH.

Good luck guys!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2010
    I have been on the hunt for a man or a couple of men with grillz in their teeth for an urban street portrait--to no avail. I would think this wouldn't be so hard. That's my idea for this challenge, but my subject matter escapes me. ARRRGH.

Good luck guys!

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get the perfect photo of one of my Silver Dollar fish... They are HARD to photograph because any light at all reflects like a mirror in a photograph.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2010
    Ok, I'm in. Tough to pick a photo, never thought Silver or Gold would be so difficult!
  • Options
    Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2010
    Hope I managed to get one in before the end...

Just a thought...if we have to enter before 10pm PST (which is 2pm GMT) does that mean we can use photos taken after midnighht PST on the day of the start of the competition, which would be any time from 4pm on the DATE before? ;)
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2010
    Hope I managed to get one in before the end...

Just a thought...if we have to enter before 10pm PST (which is 2pm GMT) does that mean we can use photos taken after midnighht PST on the day of the start of the competition, which would be any time from 4pm on the DATE before? ;)

If it is taken after 10pm PST on Monday then yes.
    otherwise nope.
    Do not over think it.
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2010
    update
    Well well... We have some silver and gold to deal with. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Only one DQ this round

Daddy0 - More Precious than Gold or Silver(iPhone) .... For some reason your EXIF info is missing, sorry :cry

Due to several factors I have run out of energy this evening and will be posting the voting poll for round 66 tomorrow evening after I return from work. Thanks for your understanding and patience. :devbobo
  • Options
    TLVoDraTLVoDra Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    I'm blown away by the quality of entries this round!
    Tammy~
    "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun..." Mary Poppins
  • Options
    Daddy0Daddy0 Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    sherstone wrote: »
    Well well... We have some silver and gold to deal with. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Only one DQ this round

Daddy0 - More Precious than Gold or Silver(iPhone) .... For some reason your EXIF info is missing, sorry :cry

Due to several factors I have run out of energy this evening and will be posting the voting poll for round 66 tomorrow evening after I return from work. Thanks for your understanding and patience. :devbobo

I tried 2 or 3 times to send the pic straight from my iphone, but couldn't get it to go. Got any suggestions as to what to do in the future. I had to synch it with my computer and then upload. Guess thats where the EXIF got lost in transition. Maybe next time.
    Jimmie D.
    www.focusedonyourmemories.com

What you see depends on what you're looking for.
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    Don't you just hate it when you get an idea for a challenge after is it closed??
    sigh...

Good luck everyone. There are some beautiful entries.
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2010
    Voting Poll is Live!
    You can now go vote for your top 10 choices in round 66

Here

Make sure you take the time to comment in the gallery located here