Options

50 1.8D, 70-300 VR, 85 1.4D, and 85 1.8D

Miller821Miller821 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited January 31, 2012 in Nikon Land
Can't edit the main title, but am now wanting to sell all of these lenses! PM me if any information is needed. Pictures will be posted in a day or two.

Nikon 70-300mm VR- Withdrawn: I bought this lens in Like New Condition (I don't think the original owner even used it) when I purchased my D7000. I didn't really need/want this lens at the time, but went ahead and picked it up anyways. I haven't used this lens except for one outing where I maybe took 20 photos. Looking at this lens right now, I can't find any flaws whatsoever. It will include both caps, hood, soft pouch, no box.

Nikon 85mm 1.4D- Sold: Bought this lens sometime last year... Haven't used it enough in the time that I've had it to justify keeping it, and also just purchased an 85 1.8 to replace the focal length. Looking at this lens, I would easily rate it at a 9.5 overall. Optically it appears flawless. Lens would come with both caps, soft pouch, and box. (Hood was never included in original sale.) Of note, is that this lens was purchased by me from a Canadian seller, and hence is a Can. lens. (Never mattered to me, but may affect others decision..) Pictures of this lens can be seen two posts down.

Nikon 50mm 1.8D- SOLD: Bought this lens about 2 years ago when I first bought my D200... This lens is an absolute gem for the price. The lens is again in a 9+ condition. Comes with both caps, and box. (Again this too was purchased from a Canadian seller.)

Nikon 85mm 1.8D- SOLD: Bought this lens not to long ago to replace the 85 1.4. I tried it out and loved the results, but I just acquired a 70-200 and need to sell this to fund it. Rest assured I will be picking this lens up again sometime! I would rate this lens at a 9+ condition! Will come with both caps, no box or hood.

Nikon 35mm 1.8- SOLD: Bought this lens brand new about 1.5-2 years ago... It's been my most used lens, and I absolutely love it for indoor and outdoor photos! I would rate this at a 9+ condition, with just a few minor scratches around the front element from the lens cap. Lens will include both caps, hood, and box.

Pictures:

70-300
i-3GM4ktm-L.jpg

35 1.8:
i-w3sXbSx-M.jpg
-Zachary Miller-
"I am the man in the mirror. My reflection, I aspire to be. In your reflection what do you see? False fault or a masterpiece?"
D200/ D7000/ 17-50 (Non-BIM)/ 70-200 2.8/ 70-300 VR/ to be continued...

Comments

• Options
    JamesbjenkinsJamesbjenkins Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    Interesting proposition.

I have a 24-70 2.8 with a mint B+W filter in excellent (8.5+/10) condition. I've been considering selling it because it's not the best portrait lens out there...

Much more info and pictures of your 85 1.4D would be very helpful.

If I was going to sell the 24-70, my price would be at least $1450 including the filter, so cash would be involved as I have no need for your other primes.

I'll be checking back when you add pictures and more detail about the 85 1.4D. Cheers!
    Proofing: clients.captured-photos.com
    Facebook: Like Me || Twitter: Follow Me
    Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2011
    Pic's as requested, more can be added if needed:

i-TfxNpfW-L.jpg

i-8Gc9dcG-L.jpg

Bought this lens sometime last year off FM. Haven't used it enough in the time that I've had it to justify keeping it, and also just purchased an 85 1.8 to replace the focal length. Looking at this lens, I would easily rate it at a 9.5 overall. Optically it appears flawless. Lens would come with both caps, soft pouch, and box. (Hood was never included in original sale.) Of note, is that this lens was purchased by me from a Canadian seller, and hence is a Can. lens. (Never mattered to me, but may affect others decision.)

I have very few photos taken with this lens, but if needed I can snap some tomorrow.

If your interested, PM me a few photos of the 24-70, and we'll talk prices.
    -Zachary Miller-
    "I am the man in the mirror. My reflection, I aspire to be. In your reflection what do you see? False fault or a masterpiece?"
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply! Have you used it any for portraits? That's my only intended use for it, and I currently use my 70-200 2.8 since with wireless strobe triggers I can move far enough away to compose however I want. I'm most concerned with the len's dynamic range and bokeh. I've read plenty of glowing reviews, but just wanted to hear your opinion...
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2011
    As you know, this lens is renowned for its use as a portrait lens, as well as its Bokeh! As far as dynamic range, I would like to say it's great, but these are about the only photos that I have and none of them are really pushing its limits. Like I said, I haven't shot with this lens enough to use it to its full potential, thus I can't fully comment, but here are a few shots that I did take with it.

1030385108_XgmXh-L.jpg
    1030380233_RYGxa-L.jpg
    1030377095_DfDZs-L.jpg
    1094136359_opHCq-L.jpg

I can't comment on how this lens compares with your 70-200... If you find yourself wanting a larger aperture and that creamy bokeh, then this lens would surely fit in with you well!
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2011
    Wow. Thanks for posting these pictures! The dog and cat shots are just razor sharp. What body were these shot on? I read a ton of reviews and blogs about everything photography, but hearing it straight from an owner is a lot more worthwhile.

I've done some more figuring and prioritizing of what I need more in the near future. I've decided to go after a new iMac since my poor little MBP can't really handle my processing workflow. With the 70-200, I can cover the same focal range for now. However, I really like what I'm seeing from this lens, so it's definitely on my purchase list. I really appreciate the effort you've put into uploading pictures. If you still have the lens in late Jan or Feb, I'll probably be much more able to deal.

Thanks for your time!
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2011
    Hey no problem! These shots were on the D200, have yet to try this lens on the D7000, but I can only imagine the results! If/When you get this lens you will not be disappointed, looking back at these shots i'm wondering to myself why I haven't used this more!:D
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2011
    Miller821 wrote: »
    Hey no problem! These shots were on the D200, have yet to try this lens on the D7000, but I can only imagine the results! If/When you get this lens you will not be disappointed, looking back at these shots i'm wondering to myself why I haven't used this more!:D

The D200 is still a fantastic camera. At least if you're inspired to use this lens more, I won't feel that I've wasted any of your time! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2011
    Bump
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2011
    Bump.... Lowered Prices
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2012
    Bump... Just the 85 1.4 left, and am open to offers on it.
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    f-riderf-rider Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Might be interested in the 85 f/1.4. I take it there is not a lens hood? What is your current price range for this lens?
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2012
    f-rider wrote: »
    Might be interested in the 85 f/1.4. I take it there is not a lens hood? What is your current price range for this lens?

I'd like to get $825 net... And no lens hood.
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    f-riderf-rider Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2012
    Miller821 wrote: »
    I'd like to get $825 net... And no lens hood.

Thanks for the reply. I am really looking for a nice, used 17-55 f/2.8 and need to apply myself to that search. Hope you find a buyer.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2012
    Bump, 2 lenses left
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2012
    Ttt
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2012
    Bump!
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2012
    Bump
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    I'm waiting to hear from a guy who's interested in my 24-70 2.8

if he decides to purchase it at my price, I will probably soon after be in contact with you about your 85 1.4

I'm just trying to decide if it's a good idea to drop the zoom and go for a prime at my weddings. I'll be in touch soon...
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2012
    I'm waiting to hear from a guy who's interested in my 24-70 2.8

if he decides to purchase it at my price, I will probably soon after be in contact with you about your 85 1.4

I'm just trying to decide if it's a good idea to drop the zoom and go for a prime at my weddings. I'll be in touch soon...

Sounds good, just let me know... I have another showing interest, but haven't heard back anything yet.
    -Zachary Miller-
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2012
    Bump... 70-300 left still.
    -Zachary Miller-