• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Gear Cameras An entry level FF from Canon this year? Just when I was ready to buy the 5DmkIII...

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 2  of  2
1 2
Old Mar-27-2012, 11:27 AM
eoren1 is offline eoren1 OP
Major grins
I do plan on getting the 5Diii once a proper raw converter is out, LR comes out with 4.1 (likely to occur at same time) and reviews come in - though the ones on dgrin thus far have been great
Old Mar-27-2012, 01:28 PM
DeVerm is offline DeVerm
Major grins
What I would love to see is the 5D3 with new design improved ISO performance crop sensor and 7D2 label

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
my Smugmug site: here
Old Mar-27-2012, 02:02 PM
pmaxwell is offline pmaxwell
Major grins
Finding a 5D mkiii (body only)is proving difficult right now. Local retailer wants money up front with a undetermined shipping date. Amazon is saying 1–2 months, B&H isn't saying at all

Pete
Old Mar-27-2012, 04:43 PM
jmphotocraft is offline jmphotocraft
GWC for hire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVerm View Post
What I would love to see is the 5D3 with new design improved ISO performance crop sensor and 7D2 label
yeah but then it would be about 8.6mp.

"I bought a new camera, it's very advanced. You don't even need it." - Steven Wright
Old Mar-28-2012, 05:43 AM
adbsgicom is offline adbsgicom
Texas-Sized Grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaxwell View Post
Finding a 5D mkiii (body only)is proving difficult right now. Local retailer wants money up front with a undetermined shipping date. Amazon is saying 12 months, B&H isn't saying at all
Precision Camera in Austin posted that they had 3 in stock yesterday. They may be gone now.

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site
Old Mar-28-2012, 09:01 AM
divamum is offline divamum
Major grins
And I see Amazon and others still listing the kit w/24-105L in stock.
Old Mar-28-2012, 09:54 AM
jmphotocraft is offline jmphotocraft
GWC for hire
Another reason to buy local. My store had the kit, but they gladly removed the lens for me and sold me the body for the body-only price.

"I bought a new camera, it's very advanced. You don't even need it." - Steven Wright
Old Mar-28-2012, 10:02 AM
pmaxwell is offline pmaxwell
Major grins
I know what you mean by local service, but unfortunately the only local remaining (Penn Camera went out of business) isn't big enough to consider stocking professional bodies (their words when I stopped by)

Pete
Old Mar-28-2012, 02:26 PM
ThatCanonGuy is offline ThatCanonGuy
Loves Photography
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaxwell
I know what you mean by local service, but unfortunately the only local remaining (Penn Camera went out of business) isn't big enough to consider stocking professional bodies (their words when I stopped by)
Off topic, but Calumet bought Penn Camera, so a few locations are staying.

Linky:
http://www.calumetphoto.com/eng/lp/P...otographic.cfm
Page 2  of  2
1 2
Tell The World!