Options

Monster from the black lagoon

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited July 29, 2004 in Wildlife
Actually from Long Pond. Sunday afternoon I was exploring the western end of the island and visiting a couple of Osprey nests:

6542397-L.jpg

Trying to see if there was a Nantucket reflection:

6542871-L.jpg

(There wasn't.) When I came upon a boy and his dad who had netted a huge snapping turtle and pulled it up onto the little bridge:

6543018-L.jpg

What a photo opportunity. I immediately switched to macro mode and started to shoot:

6543268-L.jpg

Suffice to say, this guy was mad. He hissed like a cat and chased us around the bridge:

6543053-L.jpg

6543385-L.jpg

I think you could use him to cut conduit. Anyway, the story has a happy ending for the turtle, who got thrown back. (That net is a good tool.)
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2004
    The third one works...I just like people in my shots. Good work (play?)
    rutt wrote:
    Actually from Long Pond. Sunday afternoon I was exploring the western end of the island and visiting a couple of Osprey nests:

6542397-L.jpg

Trying to see if there was a Nantucket reflection:

6542871-L.jpg

(There wasn't.) When I came upon a boy and his dad who had netted a huge snapping turtle and pulled it up onto the little bridge:

6543018-L.jpg

What a photo opportunity. I immediately switched to macro mode and started to shoot:

6543268-L.jpg

Suffice to say, this guy was mad. He hissed like a cat and chased us around the bridge:

6543053-L.jpg

6543385-L.jpg

I think you could use him to cut conduit. Anyway, the story has a happy ending for the turtle, who got thrown back. (That net is a good tool.)